Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: The writ of Habeas Corpus

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    This is the Guy (Lawyer) that caused all the problems with DI some time ago, those that were members then, may Remember the problems He/It (His Article) caused with "Shadow" (Larry) and the damage done to some members.
    Not too sure he is a good Read & can be trusted.
    JMHO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: Well you know what they say "It's not what you know but WHO you know "and this is so very true here :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Other accounts.

Duterte warns of suspension of habeas corpus writ

Palace: Duterte statement on suspension of writ of habeas corpus a warning to lawless elements

Interesting quote.
    "Mine is self-defense in defense of the helpless children who are not in a position to really weigh things. It is in defense of a race. It is in defense of my fellowmen,” he said.

He's protecting his countrymen by suspending a process established to prevent illegal incarceration so that he can indiscriminately apply pressure to whomever he wants? Who cares if a few innocents get caught in the crossfire. I wonder how many innocent lambs will be sacrificed at the alter.

As they say, the best defense is a good offense. The drug problem has now reached epidemic proportions, without Marshall Law all is lost. Can you say slippery slope........

• Agree Agree x 2