Dumaguete Info Search

they are catching them now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by alex, Aug 21, 2015.

1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    American nabbed for sexually abusing minors
    Thursday, August 20, 2015

AN AMERICAN national allegedly involved in trafficking of male minors was arrested by authorities in Davao City on Tuesday morning.

Village watchmen of Barangay 74-A and members of Talomo police arrested the American national identified as George William Nolana, a resident of Morales Village in Barangay 74-A, Davao City.

He was also accused of sexually abusing eight minors.

The eight minors (names withheld to protect their dignity), were rescued by personnel from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO).

Chief Inspector Milgrace Driz, spokesperson for the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said village watchmen reprimanded the eight minors after they were still on the streets as part of their Oplan Sita campaign in line with the celebration of the Kadayawan Festival.

"Gi-endorse ang walo ka lalaki na minors sa Talomo police. Gi-interview sila sa mga police and didto sila nagsumbong na gina-abuso sila sa maong suspect (The eight minors were endorsed to the Talomo police station for questioning, wherein they claimed to have been secually abused by the suspect)," Driz told Sun.Star Davao in a phone interview Thursday afternoon.

Driz said the eight minors admitted through their respective affidavits of the abuses they went through at the hands of the suspect.

"Kaning mga bataa nakapuyo ni sa balay sa suspect. Ginahatagan niya ug kwarta ug pagkaon tapos gina-molestiya niya (These minors live in one house with the suspect. They were given food ang money and then were molested)," Driz said.

Driz also reminded the parents' of the teenagers of their responsibilities over their respective children.

"Nganong ilang gipasagdan nila ilang mga anak (They should be more responsible with their kids)," she added.

Charges are now being readied against the suspect for violation of the Republic Act 7610, or the 'Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act' and Republic Act 9208, or the 'Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003.”

“We're just waiting for the affidavits of the eight minors to be submitted,” Driz said.

All the charges against the suspect are set to be filed on Friday.

Driz said they are already closely monitoring all activities of the foreign nationals who are now residing in the city.

"Remind lang namo ang parents to always monitor their kids especially they are prone and vulnerable to this kind of abuses," Driz said.

The suspect is presently detained at the Talomo police station. (KRP)

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on August 21, 2015.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BrianH

BrianH DI New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Great....but more arrests as he's not the only Sex offenders in the Philippines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Good news they busted the perv, I hope he get's what he deserves.

The only problem I see is all the good foreigners being covertly watched everywhere they go.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah....and how are they monitoring "all" our activities? Peeping through windows are they?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmmmm well there is a little something that has upset me a little and I think it is coming from the schools.
    I have Lived in this Area for nigh on 3 years, + the 4 years before I retired I have seen the Kids Growing up helped them, as much as we can as a Foreigner Headed family. Now all of a Sudden they should not talk to me because I am a Foreigner and we are Bad.
    This is just not the way to bring up kids.

JP:pompus:

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,545 / 1,016
    I think suspicions of foreigners is collateral damage from a few foreigner pedophiles casting a dark shadow over the rest of us. Perhaps not unlike seeing a normal muslim in the U.S. and thinking he may be a terrorist.
    Let's hope they are weeded out as soon as possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Jack i am pleased to hear its not just me, when we shifted here 1 year ago it did not take long for the children to start gathering at the front gate to have a chat n play with john sometimes flor or myself would break out the cookies. something happened now they do not speak to me now and some run when they pass the house .Its sad because we enjoyed having the children around

• Like Like x 3
  9. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Yeah, what's up with just this past year? I mean, news of this type has been published much longer than 1 year.
    I've been here over 3 years full time. I've notice a change; smiles not returned (occurring more often), stone-like stares, etc. Maybe it's mostly just a big increase in the foreigner population here, beyond the local's comfort level? Dunno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Confirmation bias? Everyone seems just as friendly as ever to me.

• Like Like x 3