Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia They forget to turn the Water on in Valencia Today?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by AlwaysRt, Dec 19, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have not done that yet probably because I have a low expectation of getting a reasonable answer. From answers here, in person, and my wife asking her friends it sounds like only North Poblacion and West Balabag are affected by this 'water sharing' with another town. If the timing was more reliable and they went down to 10% pressure so the toilet still worked and we could clean dishes etc it wouldn't be so d*mn bad. 4:54am and still sucking air pressure so it sure isn't people getting off work. One day I will walk up there and see what the 'official' answer is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    In my 6 months, i've discovered some things (actually a lot, especially on D Info). The engineers and staff in the utilities and government agencies are actually very good, staff at noreco on Real near the Essencia who helped with fronds falling on electric wires and engr's at DCWD (water) (or Valencia for you) who answered questions about water pressure, and folks at BI on Locsin and PRA in Cebu, BUT.

I VISITED, REPEAT, VISITED, THESE PLACES. It ain't a big town, visiting is pretty easy..

People answer emails only rarely and only if you already know them..
    People rarely answer the phone.
    People here TEXT a lot, REALLY a lot, even businesses.
    Businesses use Farcebook a lot for info.
    If you don't already know somebody, visiting gets action and good answers 80% of the time..

If you are from the states and expect phones and emails to be answered, you are in for some serious frustration. Non-answers and no website other than FB do not relate to knowledge or ability in the Philippines. Oh, and be prepared for "out of stock," you hear it a lot in the provinces, meaning you probably won't find it this side of Cebu or Manila.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1