Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: This should interest a few overstaying foreigners

1. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    I predict that not too many people will take IF this becomes law. The $5000 payment plus more for dependents will discourage many as it greatly exceeds what we had to pay for the SRRV courtesy visa, typically a route for expats if wife is a foreign citizen, and way above 13a costs. The amount of documentation is way high, probably equal to or exceeding SRRV and 13a. I think if somebody had overstayed a long time they will figure that they are getting away with it and when you figure that $5k could get them a used car or future medical payments, I would think that anyone who actually had the sense of responsibility to be legal would have done it long ago. Very few become trapped as an illegal when they already have the money, it is only when they don’t have the money, or are too cheap to become legal, in both cases having no business being here, being no better morally than the illegal Mexicans back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The panel, chaired by Oriental Mindoro Rep. Doy Leachon passed the proposed Alien Social Integration Act, which is consolidation of House Bills 6653 and 7624, authored by Deputy Speaker and Bohol Rep. Arthur Yap and Cagayan de Oro City Rep. Maximo Rodriguez. “These bills intend to control and regulate the admission and integration of foreign nationals in the Philippines. These measures could address problems encountered by our immigration bureau on aliens without proper documentation or are overstaying in the country,” he said in his opening remarks at yesterday’s hearing. The authors of the bill noted that under the bill, “qualified aliens with unlawful residence shall be integrated into the mainstream of Philippine society with due regard to national security and internationally recognized human rights.” The substitute bill provides that all aliens whose stay in the Philippines is otherwise illegal under existing laws and who have entered the country prior to June 30, 2016 are hereby granted legal residence status upon compliance with the provisions of the proposed Act and shall not be prosecuted for offenses which are inherent to illegal residence, such as the absence of valid travel documents or visa.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/01/29/h...-legal-residency-status-to-foreign-nationals/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1