Dumaguete Info Search

This will make you smile! Helmet law not strictly implemented in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, May 24, 2016.

1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Thanks but I guess I should have said someplace locally. I require trying on a helmet for fit and comfort before buying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    AS I DRIVE MY 4 WHEELER TO & FROM! I SHUDDER WHEN I SEE A WHOLE FAMILY ON A RICKETY OLD BIKE, NOE WITH PROTECTION, EVEN THE KIDS!! AND GUESS WHAT? THE FIRST ONE KILLED IS THE PASSENGERS!! THE DRIVER CREATES THE HAZARD ON WHEELS, AND THEN KILLS HIS FAMILY! NO WONDER THEY CALL IT A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!
    MAYBE THIS NEW DAVAO PRESIDENT WILL INSTILL SOME FEAR IN THE POLICE FORCES TO STEP UP AND DO THEIR JOBS!! TIME WILL TELL!! IF HE MAKES IT INTO TIME!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Need to weed out the stupid and weak one way or another I suppose. Personally I don't care if their entire family ends up dead because they overcrowded a bike and drove like a madman. What I do care about is them being a danger to others and putting safe drivers be them on two wheels or 18 wheels at risk.

Just think what the roads would be like if tomorrow all of a sudden the police and LTO were out in force requiring no more then 2 passengers per motorcycle, must have working lights, must have valid drivers license, must have valid registration, must have valid plate or valid temporary plate# (or new vehicle). Enforce all the things that are for road safety reasons on all vehicle's, drivers, and passengers. Of course it would never happen but the roads would be near empty!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Which then circles us back to the stupid foreign license good for 90 days then not legal unless you can provide one year documentation to the right LTO officer and get a Philippine license.

6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Posted yesterday (April 5th) on the Dumaguete Facebook page;
    Arrest muffler with helmet, and some additional violations LTO signature required!
    (484 Shares & 319 Comments and counting so attracting attention in Dumaguete! :biggrin: hehe)

Underway in Hunan Provincial Highway Patrol team led by Sr. Insp. Mariano robelito coverage of helmet on national highways; modified muffler, pagdrive, there lisencya a registration to work after a temporary operator's permit (surface) so that they can just makapanakop motorcycle video in the car.

By Mariano, participants arrested and the vehicles parked along the road, and along the way. Arrested tricycle, upon the signal lights, etc. Because overloaded seized on the driver's license and let it sink iyut penalty for 72 hours.

These include the campaign of Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo "" Ipe, disciplined motorists and roads.

fine, from the 1,000 most consuming P10, 000 top

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Lets hope its fully implimented this time,especially the no lights on national highway. I have noticed a decrease in those idiots with noisy mufflers in the past few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Come to Malatapay here late at night mate, the locals use the highway as a Drag strip from the bridge to the rice fields past the markets and do it 2 to 3+ times before one is obviously crowned as either the winner or the one with the loudest exhaust... :o o:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They used try that here on sundays until they got fed up with me ringing the police and a few of them getting their bikes impounded,not seen them for over a year now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I cant believe how many of us foreigners ride here without helmets. its like asking for it. aren't we supposedly highly educated?

• Funny Funny x 2