Dumaguete Info Search

Those d*mn Pedicabs!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by SteveB, Jun 30, 2013.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yes bacolod is in my beleive is worse, tricads pedicads jeepneys falling apeart and staying where ever the axle fell out for hours, and the jeepney drivers are just total sh-- heads not double park but tripple park

2. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    was it Bacon market area?

3. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yes bacon area after dark is a real thrill, one night from duma to dauin we counted over 20 m/bikes without tail lights and around 10 without h/lights same on the return trip so in a 40+ minute drive that 60 m/cycles that dont give a sh-- about their lives or their familys life nevermind about any other road user. its not easy to miss or go around these sh-- heads once you are ontop of them in a car

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    The accident was near Bacong High School, a klick north of the market.
    Too scary to drive at night any more. We used to drive into town for dinner once a week but now too stressful, more traffic and more vehicles with no lights, as well as crazy van and bus drivers overtaking you. They recently painted an orange lane dividing line in no passing areas but the majority ignoring the rule. I expect things will worsen as the rainy season hampers visibility.

5. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yesterday i was driving through the intersection near rob mall and there was a m/cycle driver waveing to his trafic enforcer friends by this time i was beside him, so this idiot who is also an enforcer moved out at me as he was distracted by his co workers, so I tapped the horn then he starts abusing me saying in vasayn is it my fault, and i gladly wound down my window and replied yes it is your fault fking idiot.

6. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yea a friend of mine got took out / tee bonned at the market, i agree it is very stressfull at night around that area, i think the majority of unreg bikes come from there

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've been noticing that going up to Valencia is getting more dangerous at night. Rush hour is getting ridiculous now as well.

8. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    As far as I am concerned driving at night , anyware in this country is just a accident waiting to happen.
    I just do not do it full stop, Coz lets face it if you have an accident no matter what , Its going to end up as the foreigner's fault isn't it....

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
  10. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Would be better they enforce installation of working turn signals, and that they are in fact used. An EWD will not help in those cases with a tricycle. Besides, I wonder how long an EWD will be left alone if one put one out. I bet it will be gone in 50 seconds.