Dumaguete Info Search

Those d*mn Pedicabs!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by SteveB, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Mod02

Mod02 Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are many regional problems in this area that cannot be solved on this Forum. We all know the reasons: Poverty, lack of education, lack of alternative employment opportunities, etc. It is okay to address the problems on the Forum, please let's leave the people criticism out of it as we have both foreigners and locals as members. Thank you.

Note: This is not addressed to any particular person

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    There is still a difficulty with trikes at night, even if they do have lights and turn signals. The turn signal is fitted to the bike and not the trike. So even if there is a rear light on the bike, and a rear light on the right side of the trike, the turn signal, whether it is for left or right turn, still looks like it is flashing on the left of the vehicle. Its not a major task to extend the wiring for the right indicator from the bike to the right of the trike.

3. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If Trikes is what Dumaguete will offer from now and on, it would be better if the lights on a Trike is the same as a car. The Trike is as wide as most small cars and therefor should have Bright Front Lights, Blinkers both front and back and left and right, plus Brake Ligts.
    Is that to much to ask for in Dumaguete and surroundings, knowing that the Mayor would like to see an increase in both foreigners moving to the city and tourists visiting his city to enjoy instead of getting killed. It is the utmost responsibility of the LTO and City Planners to make sure that the roads are safe and vehicles are safe to ride if you own or hire them. Where are all the WHITE LINES on the side of the roads, and where are the YELLOW LINES in the middle of the roads??? Where are all the road lights?
    Also make it a law, stating that when a pedestrian enter a pedestrian crossing ALL TRAFFIC MUST STOP.
    Maybe the most important thing is that we have EDUCATED, RESPONSIBLE and SOBER DRIVERS, with a VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
    Every Trike owner should have a LIABILITY INSURANCE for 5 million pesos, to protect the TRIKE PASSENGERS in case of accidents.
    Just my 2 pennies worth. Have a Good and Sober Driving!

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'll tell ya what gets me. These guys with no headlights but driving with a flashlight. The flashlight they bought costs more than a new headlight with installation. With these guys it can't be about poverty, it's just a product of stupidity.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Enforcing laws is not a popular thing with most poor locals, creating them, however, is great for politics. Gives the illusion that they are doing something.

6. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be in a TRIKE at night time on dark roads is as dangerous as being in a Ceres Bus with a 8 year old driver day or night.

7. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    S T U P I D I T Y is the right word. But we should not always blame the drivers of the Trikes.....we should blame the IRRESPONSIBLE owner of the TRIKE letting many good Pinoys renting these bikes...... So, The responsibility rest on the owner of the Trike.
    Every Trike should be checked by the renting Driver before he start his shift, to make sure it meets the legal requirements to be driven on the road and safely take passengers. MUTUAL RESPONSIBILITY IS THE KEY HERE, OWNER/DRIVERS.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Huh? You mean Ceres drivers AREN'T 8 year olds? I've seen kids drive better playing Grand Theft Auto.

I have to disagree with the trike part though, I've never heard of a trike driver or passenger being killed. The guys are riding an armored motorcycle. It will probably hold together better than your average newer sedan would in an accident.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Lol good one. First good laugh I've had today.

10. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand that you have never been in a Trike accident and you have never met injured people from Trike accidents.
    As far as a safe Trike they are in non existence. NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER!
    I agree that the metal frame is strong, much stronger than your body bones so who do you think goes first in an accident?
    Think about it.