Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    send us clothing and money for rice. thank you send to red cross ph dumaguete

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I am just chatting with the Dane, he activated some Friends in Luzon and we got another

$ 120 in from "Mike Leffew",
    $ 150 from Mark - calboko
    $50 from Snuffy/Jay
    $ 100 from Big Charlie

thanks so much great job...

we are soon out on the street to get more food and help organized. keep you all updated

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and it goes on...

The tenants of Bacong Apartments got 5000 peso together (Todd Greybiel 500 Peso, Alan de Gramont 3000 peso, Terge Ottesen 2500 Peso)

Our member Dave Cobley and his lovely Leah added 2000 Peso. They also driving around with us since the morning to get thing going and transport all the rice to the places.

We just bought 15 sacks of rice (50 Kilo each) 1600 bread-rolls, Instant soup for 800 liter. 15 Kilo noodles.... more later...I don't have the exact number yet, but the Dane keeps pushing his friends and we got one page on one of the most reputable Travel and booking agents in Luzon.

JC the owner of Margarita Station threw in 5,000 Peso and a friend of him added 2,000 Peso

Attached Files:

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Fantastic! :D

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Following an email I just received which I would like to share as it is to all who help, not only here, but also in their own surroundings.

Additional to the kids staying there, the school feeds 97 families, which lost their houses.

The teacher of the school are very well organized and have name-lists about each single family and which damage they have. They re pack our 50 kilo sacks in small 2 kilo bags and make sure that only registered victims (and controlled by the staff) get the help. The staff went to the damaged areas in Batinguel and Candau-ay and recorded all damaged and destroyed houses, names and how many people were living there.

I am very impressed and they do a way better job than many other places I visited. I am certain that our help goes to those persons which really need it.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We also have 34 families who lost their homes and belongings here in combado,they are at present sleeping in the bgy hall and running out of food now,the municipal gave some rice but help is also needed here.
    Leah and I walked around the devastated area when we got home yesterday,what a mess! Managed to find the bgy secretary this morning at six am to find out what they need.

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yesterday night R and I roamed around with some bags of little bread rolls left from our daily donation round and we just drove a few Kilometers past Batinguel to the Elementary School Shelter in Candau Ay.

While a good amount of official support is delivered to several Barangay Halls, it appears (at least until last night) that our local authorities did scratch them of the list, even it is one of the most affected areas. 300 plus kids had no bite to eat the whole day and the bread rolls we gave last night was the first food they had all day....

There was only one teacher in charge and she works her @ss off to have it somehow organized. With another wave of support from you guys, they certainly will have more to digest this evening and most will have trousers and underwear (one of the most requested items)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The baby above is 4 days old...(you do the math...)

I just got $ 50 from RioRay (one of the Danes friend)
    1000 Peso from a long-term guest of Casa Margarita in Sibulan

2500 Peso from Tomtorific

100 $ from cbindenver

we hope with that I can post tomorrow some pictures from those kids above with more smiles, created by you guys ...

outstanding !!!

8. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Good news first, all people from the shelter at the Barangay Hall and the Chapel in Batinguel found a place to sleep. Feeding projects still going on during daytime there, but at least at night nobody sleeps on the stage anymore.

This morning we delivered more food to some of those forgotten, and later today the School in Candau Ay finally received a well sized help from the City government.

DavyL200 delivered with Fozzboy and their wifes Juliet and Leah Rice and soup in more remote areas where also not much help up to now.

Rechel, Juliet and Leah must be the Ukay Ukay (second hand) Queens. they were able to buy from your donations around 800 pieces of cloths (trousers, shirts, underwear). Cherry (c_rymz) has good connections to the mayor of Valencia Ricky Gonzales via her dad and they send their Easyride down to our house to get half of the cloths to be delivered tomorrow by helicopter to areas which are not reachable.

She also came after work with friends to help packing rice in 2-kg give away packs which goes to families with kids outside shelters.

In the Schools are up to 8 families in one classroom, to help in terms of hygiene we bought today washing and body soap as well as toothpaste. tomorrow morning we get 300 toothbrushes, that will be enough for the Candau Ay school until after Christmas.... and of course we got the daily hundreds of Kilos of rice and the same amount of soup.

3 helicopters are delivering rice at the moment to remote cut off areas, tomorrow one of them will have some of your help on board:

[​IMG]

DavyL200 at a short break on "his" Rice-Thron:

[​IMG]

Wonderful help from Cherry's (c_rymz) friends

[​IMG]

all working until late night...

[​IMG]

some may dream of a cloth mountain tonight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I doubt that Alan (fozzboy) folded that many cloths since a long time...
    (I think he asked me NOT to post that picture ... yeah right ... )

[​IMG]

I am still writing down all today's numbers, just want to mention some more generous donors:

4000 Peso from joncarson
    5000 peso from richardg

somebody must have whispered a word to our Mayor, 'cause when he came to Candau Ay today with the first big official delivery (you guys help and feed the kids there since 2 days) he recognized and grasped Rechel to thank all of you for your effort and big heart.

[​IMG]

9. michael

michael DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HELP - Need info to donate

Hi,

My name is Michael Windeler. I am travelling with my family to the Philippines for our yearly vacation on Dec 26th. We are passing through Dumaguete on the morning of Dec 28th. We are heading from Bohol to Sagay. We would like to bring an extra suitcase with us to donate to assist those most in need. Could you please provide some advice on a suitable drop location and required items? We will be arriving on the ferry from Bohol in the morning and then departing by vehicle for Sagay soon after arriving in Dumguete.

Any suggestions?

I can be reached at mwindeler@hotmail.com.

Thanks and God bless.

Regards,
    Michael

10. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks for the promise to help Michael.. welcome to dumaguete..we will be glad to accept any help u can give... rhoody might be able to meet you... or Rhoody can ask me and my friends to pick up whatever it is ur donating if Rhoody is busy :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.