Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrensBana

PrensBana DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A short Christmas Carolette for Dumaguete 2011

Rudolf, the red-nosed German,

had a love of drinking beer.

He helps the Sendong victims,

So give him a mighty cheer

keep up the good work M8

PB

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    just a quick update before off again...

We received
    $200 from Fingers,
    100 Euro from J.diver
    4000 Peso from Prensbana

PatO, San Miguel, Firefly44 got 8 sacks of rice. PatO delivered 4 of them to our ongoing project in Batinguel Elementary School - Shelter.
    4 of them will be donated later when they run out again. That way we can ensure nothing goes to people who should not get it.

We also just bought 300 sets of toothpastes, soaps, toothbrushes and barsoap for washing cloths.

back on the road again ...
    thank you all so much...
    cheers
    Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Quick Update ....

This morning an anonymous DI-member passed me 100$
    The Danes Dad threw in 100 $
    dpt123 donated 5000 Peso
    Eddie Smith gave broadside 3000 Peso this morning.

Here the situation in our primary projects:
    The Batinguel Elementary School is mainly a sleeping place at night and gives out goods at daytime. Most families are out during daytime to rebuild a place to live.

In Candau Ay are still many young kids during daytime.

We are each morning on the road to check with the principals the urgent needs, and than go out shopping and donating. The principals of the schools running a tight ship and have lists about everything.

Just now we received a text with numbers for hygiene articles for the kids. At the same time we buy very basic stuff enabling the families to take care of themselves. They get food donations but don't eat at the school anymore, so they need plates glasses etc. This morning we purchased:

50 water container
    50 basins for washing
    50 water pitcher
    154 plates
    100 glasses (plastic)
    50 pots for rice-cooking
    144 bath soaps
    400 pieces underwear (kids)
    28 family toothpaste
    54 440 gram bars washing soap
    10 packs toothpaste.

At the same time c_rymz friends are here to pack rice in smaller 2 kg bags. The basic food support is now delivered to places which cant be reached by 4-wheel vehicles and areas in the mountains which did not receive anything yet.

On the picture below you can see Shadow, packing all that stuff on his bike to travel up the mountain to help...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hello rhoody, rechel, and the rest of the DI community...

today, me and my friends got the following:

36 pcs of bath soap
    20 bars laundry soap
    600 bottles of 350-ml water
    10 buckets
    25 pcs plates
    25 pcs plastic glasses

we were heading out to those destroyed houses near Tejero Swimming Pool and barangay apolong... but when we arrived in Valencia, it was almost dark and we were advised not to push through as the people there only built a makeshift spillway and it would be dangerous without lights.. we were near forest camp when the police came for us since it is dark...

thus, we turned over some of the relief goods to the volunteers in valencia gymnasium... the turn over is documented with pictures and paperworks...

thank u everybody for giving me and my friends time to be useful :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    cherry (c_rymz) we could not do anything without all the help from friends, all of them see where help is needed, that is the reason why we can be very efficient and find those areas not many go.

following some pictures of old and new friends who assist, help, spend time and money ...

Pato's "Up-Ricing":

[​IMG]

Rechel and the Dumaguete Boss of UniTops, who gave us 10% discount (no discount at LEE or Hypermart )

[​IMG]

and not only the discount, 5 of the staff running around for hours in the middle of thousands of chaotic Christmas shopper to find, sort and count our stuff, great help, thank you !!!

[​IMG]

Panty - sorting at Tops & Bottoms - also 5% discount

[​IMG]

Gary, our helper waiting to get stuff home, well, home is more or less a Bodega and one can only assume the color of the tiles...

[​IMG]

another helpful trike-driver caring and driving unselfish for us

[​IMG]

2000 bottles of water delivered

[​IMG]

The picture above is very special to me... President Oscar Esler of Bacolod Toastmasters informed Einstein Lavinia (President Dumaguete Toastmasters) that the Bacolod TM Club and Global Power Dumaguete donate 2000 bottles of mineral water to Dumaguete flood victims.

On the picture we just finished unloading them with c_rymz's friends and the man with the "upside-down haircut", Dumaguete Toastmaster President Einstein Lavinia (DI-member balustre).

Dumaguete Toastmasters donated 5000 Peso
    balustre added 1000 peso and 27 pairs of slippers
    DTM and BASE-president Elve Nasvik added 2000 peso
    DI-member Union Jack added 135 GBP
    An anonymous donor from AC donated 10.000 Peso

Thanks so much to everybody

that's it for now... 5 am time to hit the streets.

6. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

Attached Files:

7. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    Lourdes and i arrived in town on Wed eve, and yesterday went to personally visit the Villa Fortuata riverside squatter's community (about 10 min walk down from Batinguel Elementary School) which is not receiving official help (they won't leave because protecting what they still have left, which thank god is more than initially feared), to deliver another load of basic supplies.

We concentrate our help on that area because 3 families there are cousins of my wife, Enojo family. Yesterday happened to be the 10th Enojo Clan Reunion (held at seaside estatate of the Leader in Zamboanguita) so we loaded a dozen kids & parents into our pickup, drove them there, paid their way in -- so that they could get plenty good food and also enjoy some singing, dancing & cheerful chat, forget all their troubles for just one nice afternoon -- and return with some packaged leftovers -- i think that sortta assistance is also useful. We will continue to do what we can, hosting some victims for Christmas dinner and then New Year's and beyond...

David Mason

8. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Dumagueteinfo readers and members, also to our Thursday club. thank you so much for helping us to finish the Project Santa its
    another successful day to the members of Thursday Club with the help of each others and some dumagueteinfo members and members.

its so great to see the kids with the smile on their faces. even they can't go home for Christmas Thursday Club let them see Santa. bringing gifts to them. Seeing the parents smile while saying thank you for the efforts of the team. it's motivate the team and the members to do more Projects.
    like "Emergency help for the victim of Sendong". we can't give all victims all they need. but for sure its better than LESS than NOTHING....
    with the help of our friend Dave Cobley and his wife leah Jubay they are such a big help to me they don't leave me until all is done.. from giving food to the Sendong Victims those people has no home for Christmas coz their houses are wash out by Sendong. from shopping packaging sacks of rice preparing the iteam to be given.. until night at the hospital for the sick kids they are such a help for me... thank you so much.
    Thank you so much also to Cherry Lyn M. Ozoa (D.I. member C_rym ) and her groups of friends Joseph Solitana, Charlie Partosa,and Merodel Sabya. thanks to all of you guys....

9. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    It was a lotta good-hearted fun to paticipate in this. Indeed the smiles on faces of the recipients made it quite worthwhile, and today is a warmly-happier Christmas with my own family as a result of that basking in the "spirit of giving". Thank YOU, Rechel, for organizing this event and doing it so well...

David Mason

10. dpt123

dpt123 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A lot of love and generosity going around, well done all. Though, in all seriousness, those stepping in with their local knowledge (Rhoody et al) are the real heroes, though wont admit it.

Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.