Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi again Rhoody; some minor problems with paypal and they are now closed for the holiday. i will forward $$ A.S.A.P. -- JL

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I could no believe my eyes this morning and send a email to a friend of Jung and The Dane if he made a TypO when making a donation. No, it was no typo.

The Russell Family donated 1,000 US-Dollar

I can't find any words for that generosity !

After 20 minutes Christmas this morning, we went out to some of the recently detected victims and brought them food and blankets. From the left overs from our Project Santa we had some presents left and brought it also to the kids of those families.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    How great can a forum be.

We can fight here, some times have arguments, and whatever , but how proud I am now to be a member of this forum and see what people can do for eachother and are a team to help people who need our help so much.

Great job of everyone who are giving a helping hand , time and money.

Greetings J.Diver

4. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    Yesterday, on Christmas morn, we took our little Easyride to Rhoody & Rechels place and picked-up relief pkgs for the 27 families in that riverside slum below Villa Fortunta subdivision -- where many now seem terrified whenever it rains again. Thanks again to them for being so well-organized for this! We drove the pkgs to the site and unloaded, supervising the distribution to each family. Plenty of gratitude was expressed... (sorry no photos, but well, it looked much like Rhoody's above). We will continue to monitor the situation down there, try to know what the children need...

That afternoon we held our own Xmas Dinner for the neighbors and clan, and it seemed just a little more profound & convivial.
    And, i agree with Diver.....

5. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi mntnwolf.
    DI. members and donors we still have some blankets i bought 150 pcs blankets some of those been given to the wash out victims at batinguel.. and we still have more.. just feel free let me know if you want to get them here in my place pls..if you see some families needing it in your area... pls text me also if im not home because I will go shopping later for the support for food for the victims...but before that i will have a look at the area of banica river to give help as well for those who really need help. thanks mntwolf for helping me to help those victims in the villa fortunata..

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Now if you wanna hear something more crazy... here it comes.

A couple of you guys work online and surely know the Warriorforum as one as the best webmaster boards. One of the guys there put a Warrior Special Offer (WSO) together worth easily 1000 US$ with over 60 products. He sells it for 17 US$. All that goes into the fund:

Link: Warriors For Sendong

The Dane bought the WSO and contacted those guys and I followed to get in touch with them with the result that the

Warriors For Sendong
    just donated 2000 US$ from that pot to us in Dumaguete.

If you are a webmaster and into IM, don't think even twice about buying that WSO, you never get that value anymore for 17$ and do something fantastic to help the Sedong Victims.

For me the WSO of the year designed by real heroes...

7. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    That's great, Rhoody!

Thanks, Rechel. Yes, blankets would be vert helpful there, maybe 50 or 60. They also need more basic foods down there at the riverside slum, rice and canned foods (sardines for nutrition?). We'll try to do another run there soon.

Unfortunately, Lourdes's younger brother (our driver and general assistant) had a tragic motorcycle accident on the rainy national highway outside Siaton last night -- he was out there inquiring about flood-storm damage in our Village above Omanod (thank god there was not much damage there). He is hurt pretty badly, so we are spending time & money at the hospital for him. We pray that he'll recover in a week or so... But it is limiting our logistical options Fortunately, our cousin Nelson (whom you met) is available as backup driver, and we will try that.

8. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Godspeed to His recovery

9. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    David, all the best to him and a speedy recovery

It started out with 8,000 peso left over from Project Santa and a text from broadside to use that for the victims.

Nobody could have thought it develops that way, when the last big donations are cleared we are roughly on 300.000 Peso. All of you are simply amazing ... actually I can't find any words... Each peso, each minute carrying, shopping or just a few nice words help so much and give power !!!

Broadside and I went through the books yesterday. We are dealing at present with 3 bank-accounts, 4 currencies, PayPal, Western Union, Money Gram and a mountain of local receipts. My book-keeping skills are finished with counting beer on a coaster and with all that chaos we were more than positive surprised that the books are almost perfect, I believe it was 100 Peso off, or so..

As our little help turned out to be much bigger than anybody could think off, Rechel activated a friend from Bayawan (Rowena) who stays now with us for the next days to support with all needs. Friends and Kids from the neighborhood are here and help with sorting, packing, loading... One advantage, Nevas and Albertos Pizza delivery find our well hidden house now as we order daily (no time for cooking) and their driver find us blindfolded. (note for some "special" members... that money goes out of my private wallet, not from the donations).

Last night ended with a water delivery organized by c_rymz and her daddy... As I type that R and her friend are out to make the daily needs list of some Puroks, not listed on any Barangay list.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just got 50$ in from The Dane's friend Robert Todt. Thanks a lot.

10. cbindenver

cbindenver DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One advantage, Nevas and Albertos Pizza delivery find our well hidden house now as we order daily (no time for cooking) and their driver find us blindfolded. (note for some "special" members... that money goes out of my private wallet, not from the donations).

Rhoody...I can only speak for myself but I don't think any of the gracious people that donated would reject to using any of the funds for any expenses that you or any of the volunteers have incurred. All of you have given so much of your time and resources that none of us that are not there can not complain or say anything but thank you for the job that you all are doing...I just want to say thank you again to all the volunteers that have given their time and hearts to this project...THANKS

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.