Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    By this time it doesn't matter how many bad or rhoode things Rhoody did in his life...

He earned enough karma points the last many days to last the rest of his life!

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Carl, I dare say that would probably be true. BUT, it is our policy not to take one single centavo out of the fund for any expenses. We cover any expenses ourselves. Unlike "official" charities where maybe 30% gets to where it should, we guarantee that 100% of what is given goes to those that it is given for.

Once again, thanks to everyone, and there have been a lot of people involved. We couldn't have done anything without the money that you all sent for us to do it with.

Roger

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well thanks for the kind words, like broadside said, it is not only our rule, but also There is already enough talking about this project at the foreign embassy downtown and enough lies around. (where strangely local medias including a infamous xxjackaxx are involved).

Have a wonderful email communication between some people here in my inbox, will publish them when we all need a good laugh

@dane ... how many karma points can I waste in one post ?

back to real life, still real gentlemen, Ladies first ... packing the "secondary help-packs", we call it like that as it is for families outside the shelter, who receive rice and water from officials, but lacking the "facilities" to cook, wash, clean, etc... This packs include:
    1 basin, 1 bucket, 1 blanket, 5 plates, 5 plastic-glasses, 1 ladle, 1 cooking pot, 1 sardines, 5 pancit, 2 soap bars (washing), 2 body-soap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The today's schedule until 2pm

[​IMG]

not really a bed of roses ...

[​IMG]

guitarjohnjohn just donated 60$, thanks a lot :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    c_rymz and her friends Joseph and MacMac picked up 50 of the "secondary packs" and brought them to a shelter in Mangga. At the same time Shadow called, from the mountains that the people in Palinpinon that a Helicpter delivery brought some food and cloth supply, the problem was, that there was nothing for the kids.

... sometimes things just fall in line, as around the same time Michael Windeler called me that he will arrive with a ferry from Bohol and has a whole suitcase full of cloths. We met briefly downtown and he handed over a suitcase full with cloths with a quality you will have problems to find in Dumaguete. Many thanks Michael.

After sorting them Shadow and Ronnie picked some stuff up and went back on his bike to mountains to deliver help for those which were not thought after with the Heli-delivery, great job Larry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today on the schedule : buying, sorting and delivering 250 secondary packs, as well as the "usual daily routine".

With all donations so far, we are able to get our support going for at least another week and help to get a lot of families out fitted with basics, which enables them to cook, wash and sleep so that they can be focused rebuilding their places.

Thanks to all of you

Rhoody

PS: I deleted some post as this is a help thread. It makes me sick reading about all that smart-asses on TV and Newspapers coming up now, knowing what should be done (or should have been done). Of course they know it like always AFTER things happen. Well, if you know that, why don't you form a group and go out to the people and educate the victims before it happens again ... Guess that would involve some more work and effort than this guys are willing to put in ....

5. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rhoody; hope you received my donation-- had problems with pay-pal and now should be O.K.--later john lennen

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    just scroll a bit higher :smile:

thanks so much again

7. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    this is great. We are ready to do another run to the riverside slum below Fortunada today, with blankets, rice and the above items. But i keep trying to call to arrange, Rhoody, and when somebody answers it seem they can't hear me, just hang-up. please, you try to call me!

8. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Rhoody
    Look at your mail

Greetings J.Diver

9. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi mntnwolf,
    sorry that we can't answer you right away. i don't know what exact time you called Rhoody. maybe that time he is busy. same as me :smile:

after bringing Rhoody to the airport and hug him bye bye for now for few more days that he is away from me. :( i still have to do my task and i wish i make it well.

i do shopping alone this morning after the airport. and when i got home i make sure some sets of donations for refugees are ready... and we did it with the help of Mrs Maria Nesia our helpful house keeper, Miss: Rowena Guevara Trumata a friend from Bayawan, Juliet Ebarita, Alan Foster(Fozzyboy).

I want to say Thank you to you David (mntnwolf) and wife Lourdes and her cousin for dropping by and getting the 27 sets of items for the refugees riverside below Villa Fortunata.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Rechel, Rhoody is getting a lot of well-deserved recognition and your efforts deserve equal or greater recognition for your admirable efforts. Myself and others have seen how hard you have worked and your dedication to helping others in need, so "CHEERS TO YOU', and thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.