Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    my small monster back home yesterday.. she is still weak and i have to monitor her from time to time.. she still can't go to school but hopefully next week she can..

while at home, with the help of my friend Rowena from Bayawan, we ready the school supplies needed in Candau-ay I call the Principal to pick it up as its ready to go and they can used it this Monday. She visit us with her Baranggay car and some teachers , baranggay councilor to help. They got writhing notebooks 408 pcs composition notebooks 501 pcs, grade1 pad papers 49 pcs, grade 2 pads papers 58 pcs, grade 3 pad papers 48 pcs grade 4 pad papers 31 pcs and intermediate pad papers 80 pcs.. pencils 107 pcs ballpens 158 pcs..

to mntnwolf... for villa fortunata kids the school supplies are also ready to pick up..
    to Batinguel Elem. Schl. their school supplies are also ready to pick up.. if they have Baranggay car or we have to deliver it....
    its composition notebooks 1450 pcs writhing notebooks 330 pcs grade1 90 pcs grade2 186pcs grade3 100 pcs garde4 96 pcs and intermediate pad papers 200 pcs.. its not yet enoungh but for sure it will help too..

to Baranggay Taclobo 30 families wash out the set of donation are also ready to go.. i have to call the baranggay sec. to pick it up to day...

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    My Wife and I were in Dumaguete for the weekend to attend a funeral for Her Tita.....:( Another Tita lives just past Batinguel Elem. Schl. So I was able to point out to My Wife where some of the Help that has been provided for by so much hard work on Your part Rechel and others, and with contributions provided by members of DI. Thank You again so much.

3. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    OK thanks Rechel, we'll get that on as soon as we can -- our little truck is out in the village today, but should come home soon.

4. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    That delivery was made today -- on our way up to the Japanese Shrine. List of recipients will be delivered to Rechel in a coupla days... Thanks as before, for your excellent facilitating!

5. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    D.I Members and Thursday Club..
    My friend Rowena from Bayawan my long time helping friend come with to baranggay Taclobo Dumaguete distributing Secondary help sets, Clothes, under wears for kids, Rice, Sardines and Noodles soup set. for 30 Families wash out Victims... pictures are in my Profile.

We also had Sendong Shopping at Unitop today.. as I received email From Ma'am Magdalena Arbas..
    BARANGAY JUNOB, DUMAGUETE. VICTIMS OF TYPHOON SENDONG 90 Families
    and call and Txt from Baranggay Palinpinun Sibulan 80 families wash out.
    another busy day.

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Just if you think our help is over, you are slightly wrong. I just had a look at Rechel's logistics and I have no idea how she does that all, including visiting the places, making name-lists (don't worry I won't post them here), doing the shopping-orders, organizing helpers and pick-ups, deliveries AND taking care of 2 Kids and a grumpy German.
    A special thanks to Ate Bayawan who stays now for weeks with us already and supports us with never ending energy.

Being in our "bodega", I don't really see the huge amount of items is going in and out all the time, it is a madhouse anyway so it looks chaotic. When I realized the numbers on the list below, I don't wonder anymore.

Many helping hands were needed and your guys donations and effort made that all possible. Following a few places where your support went to up to now. (There are some days missing, but I did not see them in the stacks of papers, receipts and name-lists on the first view)

Dec. 18 2011
    Candau-ay Elementary school 150 kids Breakfast,
    Batinguel Barangay Hall 150 Kids received Clothes, slippers,
    Barangay Cambado Valencia small set of secondary help 18 families Valencia. Small set of secondary Help
    Dec. 19 2011
    Barangay Batinguel Villa Alegre Poruk 4 - Kids & 38 wash out families Living in the tent got primary and secondary help

Dec. 20 2011
    Candau-ay Elementary school 2 sack of rice, 150 kids received Hygiene articles and cloths and underwear

Dec. 21 2011
    Villa Fortunata Barangay Batinguel 27 families set of secondary help
    Barangay Bagacay Poruk Dap- Dap. 28 families Received Sets of secondary help.

Dec. 22 2011
    38 Wash out Families Living in the Tent River side Batinguel, River side porok 4
    Batinguel 185 Kids Received underwear and Hygiene articles

Dec. 23 2011
    Batinguel Elementary school Received 8 sacks of rice. 80 kids living there received underwear, breakfast, & Hygiene articles
    Candau-ay Elementary schools 150 kids living their received Breakfast, Hygiene articles
    Valencia. Small set of secondary Help prepared By: Cherry lyn Ozoa of DumagueteInfo/ Thursday club member
    Valencia. Small set of secondary help Prepared By: Shadow Dumagueteinfo member
    Valencia Municipal Hall Received Mineral water Prepared By: Rechel. Received By from municipal Tommy Moreno, donated by Toastmasters
    Villa Fortunata Barangay Batinguel 27 families set of secondary help. Prepare By: Rechel & Mntnwolf. Received by: Nelson Justo.
    Barangay Cambado Valencia small set of secondary help, prepared by: Rechel, delivered by DavyL200 Dumagueteinfo member.
    Batinguel Elementary school 50 kids living there have Hygiene articles, received By: teacher Rosemarie Balasbas
    Dec. 24 2011
    Valencia somewhere up the Mountain small set of secondary Help. Prepared by Ronie & Rechel Deliver By: Ronie & Shadow Dumagueteinfo member

Dec. 25 2011
    Villa Fortunata Barangay Batinguel 27 families received secondary help set. Received by: Nelson Justo
    Valencia Municipal Hall Received Mineral water Prepared By: DumagueteInfo, Receveid By:Cherry Lyn Ozoa's Father

Dec. 27 2011
    Barangay Batinguel Villa Alegre Poruk 4. 98 Kids from wash out families Living in the tent received Toys left over from Christmas Santa Project.
    Purok Mangga. 5o families wash out received secondary help. Prepared by: DumagueteInfo. Deliver By: C_ryms DumagueteInfo member & her Friends

Dec. 28 2011
    Valencia somewhere up the mountain small set of secondary Help. Prepared By: Dumagueteinfo. Delivered By Shadow Dumagueteinfo member & Ronie
    Villa Fortunata Barangay Batinguel 27 families received secondary help set. Received by: Josephine Justo
    Dec. 29 2011
    Barangay Bagacay Poruk Dap-Dap 28 families wash out had secondary help set . Received BY Baranggay BSW. Margie Umbac.
    Dec.30 2011
    Barangay Batinguel Villa Alegre poruk1, purok 4-A purok4-B, purok 3, and purok5.. 94 wash out Families had secondary help, rice, noodles, sardines& Clothes.
    Jan. 02 2012
    Barangay Balugo Valencia 8 families wash out received Secondary help. Prepare by Rowena Trumata dumagueteinfo friend from Bayawan,received By 8 families in Balugo
    Elementary School in Valencia 479 Mineral Water for washed out Received By: DSWD Rowena Giangan
    Barangay Bagacay Poruk Gumamela & Malangsuba 41 families had their secondary help. Prepared by DumagueteInfo Received by Barangay Captain of Bagacay.
    Jan. 08 2012
    Candau-ay Elementary School. Had School supplies for 300+ Kids Received By: Principal Cherry Lita Bulata,
    Batinguel elementary School Had School supplies for 150+. Received by: Teacher Sheldon Serion.
    Baranggay Bagacay Purok Gumamela 150 Kids received Toys Left over from Thursday club Christmas Santa Project

Jan. 09 2012
    Baranggay Taclobo 30 families wash out Had secondary Help. Received By: Counsilor Dalino Valino.

Jan. 10 2012
    Villa Fortunata 30 kids wash out had their School supplies, Prepared By Dumagueteinfo. Received & deliver By: Mntnwolf

Now we wait for the pickup of secondary sets the 90 washed out for Barangay Junob, before shopping for another 100 or so.

... and it goes on...

I received another 100$ via PayPal from my friend Marga, she was long time a Peace Corps volunteer in Dumaguete and a big part of her heart is still here, thanks a lot...

Rhoody

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    With the work of the last weeks it seems like the word got out, and affected the barangays know our project already and send their multicab and some workers to assist picking up stuff. That makes the logistic a bit easier for us.

Barangay Officials picking up goods for 90 Secondary Relief Packs:

[​IMG]
    ... With their multicab

[​IMG]
    Kids at Barangay Junob

[​IMG]
    That's how the victims in Junob exist somehow at the moment:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We always handed out the items to the victims directly, this time we decided to bring the relief goods direct to the areas, where they stay and sort all there just before handing out, to minimize "loosing" item on mysterious ways

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... next on the list was again school supply and today (Fri) 80 washed out families in Sibulan Barangay Tubtubon

8. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    An admirable effort from all of you "on the ground" and all contributors. I like to see that in a moment of need such as this tragedy, differences are set aside and good hearted people unite to help the lesser lucky. WELL DONE!!

9. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    following just the first small set of pictures from our help the last few days:

School-supply delivery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    ........... and still the support arrives. Thanks to Jim and Evelyn (Jimeve) for their recent donation.

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.