Dumaguete Info Search

Thursday Club - Help for Sendong - Victims

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rhoody, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and here some from Sibulan Barangay Tubtubon, a little help for 80 washed out families ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and some help for 69 families in Tabuc-Tubic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Rhoody, I am probably late on asking this, How are the have-nots determined from the Have's?

4. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Absolute valid question...

The first 2-3 weeks it was easy as many victims just lived in shelters. After that we started visiting several sites and making lists of the washed out families which we also compared to the numbers we got from the barangay officials.

There are still people living in several shelter throughout the city. 3 Days ago we got help to 9 people in the daycare-center of Calindagan. We found out that it was the crew of the capsized ship in front of the chinese temple. The captain told us that they need to stay here and take care of the wreck until "something" happens, but don't get any support from their company.

The school support went to the washed out kids in Candau-Ay and Batinguel which we know and support from the first day after the storm.

If you look at the sites and how they exist (page 8 pictures of Barangay Junob are a perfect example) it is easy to determine that they simply need everything. Yesterday we were delivering to Barangay Cadawinunan and they have worse conditions. Will post some pictures later.

We also don't give anything to the Barangay officials, they come to our house, we check the lists, load the car and go directly to the sites where the victims are to distribute the relief goods. Not that we do not trust them, but at Christmas, Broadside bought private some Chocolate for the Kids and the first who stuffed it in the mouth was a Barangay secretary... With Rechel now handing out all personally and checking all lists that kind of stuff is reduced to an absolute minimum.

I don't wanna let that sound too negative, 99% of the Barangay officials are very nice and helpful, but they are certainly not up to speed when it comes to logistics and effectiveness, which is also not really needed in that kind of lifestyle most of us like here.

Hope that answers your question :smile:

5. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Good day to everyone.
    I'm not so busy now with preparing the donation as its done already yesterday. The 10 puroks in Baranggay Candau-ay have their donation pick up by Baranggay Officials yesterday afternoon and the schedule of distribution is this afternoon 3pm.

I receive the text message from brgy Captain as i told him to give the tickets to the refugees pls. to make sure as they are their people in the bargy so they know is who and who is what.. in the barangay. ( i mean who is totally wash out and who is partially damage houses.)
    Brgy.officials having their list so its sure that the victims has there donation. its 221 families that the numbers brgy,captain gives me.

so I ready it yesterday and they pick it up around 5:48pm. i also ask them to help me as i'm alone doing it at home after i distribute the 198 set for 198 families victim in the brgy. Cadawinonan.
    aside of the set donation i also bring more under wears for kids, toothbrush, I.D landyard, and for small kids a toys.
    more pictures are in my album here in D.I. in my profile.

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    2 days ago Barangay Cadawinonan was on the Schedule for picking up rielief goods and we were up 'til late:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

following some pictures from the circumstances of their "tents", or whatever it might be called...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    and some pictures from the on-site delivery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for the kids we had some additional hygiene goods as well as undies..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see many more updated pictures on Rechels Albums on her DI-profile (

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Rechel, you are a saint for all those folks you have helped. Great job and take pride in your accomplishments.

9. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks Pat.
    its D.I and none D.I. help..
    we just make sure its spend and received by the victims.
    with the help of Baranggay official and giving me the numbers of victims on the list. and helping me to distribute the donations.
    We Dumagueteinfo members have to be proud in what WE ALL Done.

My big Thanks to Everybody from small way of help to the biggest help.. It's all help victims need and its all appropriated.
    One again Thank you Dumagueteinfo Members..

10. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I prefer little mean devils with cute horns, though...joke aside, she really does an unreal job...

Still, that all is only possible with the incredible generosity of all of you guys and the time and effort many many people put into this project. That huge list goes from sales-ladies to trike-driver, friends of friends to people we do not even know and will never meet to give them a big thank you. Each little positive comment gives the energy to go on and each smile we see on the delivery sites shows us why ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.