Dumaguete Info Search

Tide Tables

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by The Dane, Apr 12, 2007.

1. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Octopus Holder

My Girlfriend is using the loop, but I find it damages the hose, you can see small cracks in it already :(

The cableties in your second picture looks very secure, you will have to pull hard enough for them to break? or do you unhook the thing?

I am still thinking about the Air2 solution, it would be neat to loose another hose :smile: but it would not be a very comfortable ascend... decisions decisions...

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I use the loop on each course dive, still with my first octo hose. the small cable wraps open when you pull a little, and believe me in a real out of air situation the diver pulls the reg right out of your mouth...

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    WXTide

I used WXTide for our dive today, we went out around 1.15 which looks good on WXTide...

Too much current again, this time we realized it fast and changed our direction to another site, but still the dive kind of sucked...

I guess it could have been worse, I could have been sitting in a cubicle working back in Denmark :smile:

Attached Files:

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dane,
    I told you already, the tidetables don't help a lot when it comes to current's.
    I also think you have wrong settings,
    we use it on all computers here and it the tides look a bit different. At 1:15 you are in the middle of the outgoing water, this meqans current !!!
    on top we are 1 night to black moon. and on the south tip of an Island
    Wat to go and many things to learn. This comes with the time. For example there are no big currents on full and blackmoon on Apo Island, while on other Islands it's ripping.... way to go...
    better luck next time, all the best

Rhoody

5. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Tide Tables

Hmmm we can have a look at the program when you get time to come down and check the house reef here :smile:

The only setting I changed was the location to Dumaguete.

I was aiming for the bottom of the curve with least movement...

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    But why Rhoody do you put octopus on the right side , I have it on the left .
    Coz you have a regulas one.

Greetings J.Diver

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hey Diver,
    in 90% the octo is on the right (unless you use an Air 2). Just make sure your buddy knows your different setup, Actually to use the officail term: The octopus should be attached clearly visible between the chin and the lower ribs of the ribcage...
    Dane, still alot to do here. Write in your logbook, the tide-changes and moonphases, You will find some connections between. Also 20cm in one hour on outgoing water means around here quite some current.
    Guenther (the fat austrian chef) comes back from his vacation in Bohol on friday. So the next meeting could be dated. Maybe we wait for Diver when he's down here. He visits PG first and then he comes down to Duma...

cheers

Rudib

8. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    About tide tables, have you taken a walk down to the Harbour master/ port authority offices? they should have a tide chart, ferry Companies? I have never heard of a download for this, as it is something very local. Just in case, I work in the marine industry, so got a bit of knowledge.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    PhilT, just read the thread and you'll find the answers, there are plenty of programs to download, you also can purchase books. As you work in the marine industry for sure you know that you can calculate tides years in advanced. with a bit of more knowlege,
    sincerely
    Rhoody

10. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Sorry I spoke, I just thought a walk down to the Port might find a tide table?? whats your problem with that? thats what was being asked. Ok I will shut my mouth. sorry to try and help obviously you got it all covered, thats why you had to post here to ask. you work it out, I can't!