Dumaguete Info Search

Time to put the "****" in it place.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave & Imp, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    The wealthy have priorities and they don't include giving money away unless they can write it off for their taxes! This is pretty common here. I doubt it will change no matter how much you protest. Enjoy you life here and try to look on the brighter side.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    I agree 100% with this post. Please do not air their dirty laundry in a public space/online, etc !!!!
    Take the issue to the local gov - NOT on an online/public forum/website, etc. We are guests here. I don't care if one is here on a tourist or permanent visa - we should all use a little discretion.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    How can India stop people urinating in public? - BBC News

"this is India, this is what we do" same-same sa Philippines. At least in the morning I don't awaken to hawking, spitting and deep throat clearing. Used to brighten up any morning from Amritsar to Trivanadrum....maybe I ought to start that trend here.

C

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wonder if that would work in the Philippines?

5. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    "As I looked up, I saw pictures of the gods on the wall in front of me.
    They had been placed outside a house so that people would not urinate on it. India may need more toilets than temples - but in this deeply religious country, it seems that divine intervention is the only thing that can stop men from urinating in public."

Please join me on Saturday morning to paint pictures of Moma Mary on all vertilcal elements in the city. For you who give your time in an effort to improve the city, you will be given the choice of two gratuitous gifts. A patch of the image of Mama Mary, for your long paints or a stencil of Mama Mary for your legs for those of you who wear shorts. When they are no other vertical elements left in the city to urinate on.... you will need protection for you legs. :wtf: ( I can image any young Dumaguetian who pisses on Mama Mary will certainly get his ears boxed by his mother, wife and/or sister, no matter how old he is.)

If this strategy does not work, the following Saturday we will post political campaign pictures of candidates for office on the walls, although my fear this may increase urination as political enemies get involved in trying to p*ss all over each other.

6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Over 1 billion people apparently have no porcelain toilets to access World wide, but they do have cellphones!All we need is an app to wipe your arse!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  7. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    It's working! Don't forget it's other Catholic Religious Icons that will work just as well...umpteen Saints too. The more kitsch the better, it will brighten the place up as well as making things a tad more sanitary. I think you've all cracked it lmao

C

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Actually that's the same thing many of the wealthy people do in Manila and other parts of the PI on their perimeter fences to try to prevent people pissing on the them but from what I have seen it has little to no effect. Many Filipino's are just Sunday Catholics (go to church on Sunday and confess your sins, then go back out on Monday and recommit the same sins all over again. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum ...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I think the parts about being truly repentant and making an effort to not do exactly the same thing got edited out somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    electric-fence[1].jpg
    They should try a sign like this, the pissers might not believe it but it would take a while for someone to get drunk enough to try it.....

• Funny Funny x 1