Dumaguete Info Search

Time to put the "****" in it place.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave & Imp, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'd bet most Indians are about as knowledgeable on their religious doctrine, dogmas and practices as Filipinos are with Christianity. Being very superstitious and having a culture of, almost obsessive, idolatry doesn't mean a society has a strong understanding of their religion or show how "devoted" they are to a given religion....and I argue that being extremely superstitious and idolatrous (is that a word?) shows that they are extremely uniformed about their own religion. I'd bet that most people claiming to be a part of any given religion know very little about the actual religion, its literature and dogma and only practice when it is socially expected.....and then only when other people are watching. (This is my opinion, not a fact, I'm not trying to force anyone to believe this, and I am not directing it towards anyone. Please do not take these comments personally.)

I would guess that, like most religions, Hinduism lays out some guidelines for how people should act in public (to include personal hygiene and cleanliness).....and sure enough I found, thanks to Google, that their religion has plenty to say about public urination:
    (I really like the part saying not to p*ss or sh*t into the wind. :2rofl: You must really think your readers are stupid if you think you need to explain that one.)

It seems that if Indians were actually devote Hindus the whole urinating in public wouldn't be a thing. I'm quite certain the bible goes into this in just as great of detail.....and the punishments for disobeying these rules are probably quite harsh. (And I'd bet those punishments involve physical violence of some sort.)

The point? (Which I almost forgot after writing all that stuff above. :rolleyes:) Just because they don't know anything about their religion and they aren't devout followers doesn't mean they won't fear their god, their religious idols and/or have very established superstitions about that religion. Source: ask almost any Filipino if they know who "Papa Jesus" is and then ask if they would be willing to p*ss on an image of him or a cross and I'd bet the answers will almost always be "Of course I know Papa Jesus" and "Are you crazy?! No I wouldn't do that!". If other's can take advantage and exploit this very common ignorance/stupidity/superstition to stop an action that is completely disgusting, unsanitary and unwanted.....then I'd say go for it.

Though I live far enough away from any main roads and heavily populated areas that this urinating in public stuff doesn't really concern me any. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1