Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Tool RENTAL ??

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Edward K, Jun 7, 2017.

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Santillan Rentals & Trading 09173143588 has one for rent. Little bit pricey, but if you only need it one day might be worth it. Or, ask for a better price. Located on Legarda Street just outside Valencia proper in East Balabag barangay. I've used it many times. They are open M-Sat.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Thanks. I think I might need several days. I'll give them a try. My septic system has a problem and I will be breaking up about 10 sqM of 10 cm thick concrete. Joy oh Joy

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    His rate was P2500/day rental. In 8 days worth, you could have bought the same machine new from Rejoice. If you think you will need it nearly that long, you might as well purchase it. That INGCO machine was less than P20,000 from Rejoice last time I checked a few months ago. If Santillan wil give you a much better rental price, it's probably worth it to rent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Show Pony

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Thank you.
    I will try Santillian. A rental at 2500 is a lot. I imagine the high price could be due to people breaking things. Maybe the machine comes with an operator. My neighbor rented a cement mixer once and an operator came with it. You can't trust anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    For me it did not include an operator, but the owner knows I had an experienced crew to operate it. If he sends an operator, ask for Wanito, or Alvin. Both very bright and their English is better than passable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    I wonder, did you rent or maybe bought the jackhammer? Need to use one also, no idea for how long yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Show Pony

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    I bought two 1 kg hammers and a couple of concrete chisels. It didn't take the three guys to make short work of the job.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Sometimes "going cheap" is inefficient..... For the same price as 8 days of a jackhammer, you could hire a backhoe with far more powerful jackhammer attachment for 6 hours including operator, two hours mobilization / demobilization, and take out your septic tank and part of your house and break it into little bits along with half a dozen boulders spread around your lot and even move it faster than three guys to anywhere you want to dump it.. See the ad in the upper right hand corner of this page. ......

9. Show Pony

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    It took the 3 guys six days to remove the concrete, dig the new septic tank and break up some large rocks. Cost 6,600 pesos plus snacks and lunch.
    I think it worked out fairly well.

The backhoe advertised on this site was working on the house next door for a couple of months. It is a beautiful machine. If it could have fit where I needed it the job would have been done in an hour.

City hardware had a nice jackhammer for about 36,000 pesos but unfortunately no chisels for it. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Good luck finding a reasonably priced backhoe that actually has a jackhammer attachment. I am sure they exist in the area, but most backhoes are very busy. I thinkk it would be more cost effective to buy a good jackhammer and do the job yourself or hire a worker to do it for you. And then, when you are finished, you have a jackhammer, too.

If you simply need a backhoe with the normal bucket, Santillan Rentals & Trading on Legarda St in East Balabag Valencia has several minibackhoes that rent out for PHP 6000/day plus fuel with the operator.

• Informative Informative x 1