Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Top 10 Universities in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Masculado, Feb 18, 2012.

1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    and in todays paper, 20% of silliman nursing examiness fail the license examine. 13% of St Paul's fail the examine

2. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    And the other 80% paid for the answers......hehehe, just kidding.... Actually a good friend of mine who lives here in my hometown in California is a graduate of Silliman and was sponsored by the local hospital and brought over here on a working visa... That's was several Years ago and now She's a U.S. Citizen... Not sure how easy it is to get over here now though, think there's a much longer wait.... Cheers..

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Many of those "qualified" nurses will now see their dubious qualification as their passport to Europe, where they will have to sit the Nursing and Midwifery exam, fail miserably, and become carers and wheelchair pushers. Sad really.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    .... but they will all return in August for the Silliman street blocking contest to celebrate their founders-day...

but we should not see it that negative... is calculator-wizard or shelf-stuffer at Lee that bad? aircon, chikka the whole day, a few peso for load twice a month and close to 100 internet cafes.

5. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I posted a comment regarding this thread .... what happened to it?

6. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Let me repost it then ..........
    Are we done with Silliman University BASHING? Shame of you guys. I thought this is a forum where members offer help, give constructive criticism, positive feedback and reliable information. Your hollier-than-thou attitude towards Silliman University and its alumni resonates meaness, poor judgement, bias and ignorance. True, there are many Sillimanians who are not in the limelight, did achieve their career/financial goals and are living in mediocrity ... (just like any other schools). You forgot to mention that SU produced published authors (here and abroad), artists, excellent teachers, doctors, nurses, businessmen, engineers. SU also produced many public servants .. mayors, congressmen & president. In fact, the beautiful place that you are living right now is (mostly) run by Sillimanians. Silliman gave her students more than academics. Silliman gave us faith, culture, friendship and the Silliman Spirit. Ah... Silliman Spirit, unless you spent most of you schools years in Silliman, you will NEVER understand this feeling. Above all, Silliman taught me to kind to ALL God's children, even to those who enjoyed bashing. Have a wonderful day.

7. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Someone from NORSU hacked into it......hahaha

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Of course some people may reach something, even a blind chicken is able to find a corn to feed on once in a while... some also have the correct family name.

Some are also gifted with a talent and might get the chance to develop that, but lets talk about the facts.

If a University is not able to produce ONE single international recognized degree in 110 years, it has nothing to do with bashing anybody. It is simply a shame and nothing to be proud of in any way.

That Sillimanians (and any other xxx-ian in Dumaguete) don't wanna hear that is understandable, but still does not change the facts.

In a good University, one gets a degree and has no problem to get a job abroad in the field he made it. When I get my engineering degree in Bayreuth (tiny town in Germany) it is good enough to work all over the world as an engineer without taking additional exams and courses.

Running around, shouting "we are the best" but having nothing else than a pretty expensive sheet of paper is totally ignorant.
    SHAME on the people praising something which is simply not there.

Absolutely no need to spend hundreds of thousands of Peso to know one is god's child, where actually a huge majority of the world-population disagrees, but I guess they did not hear about Silliman and where the real wisdom can be found.

When members here ask what school is the best for their kids, they get the information that NO SINGLE course is accredited anywhere in the world. That is a fact!

One thing I totally agree with you. I will never understand that FEELING.

...but I also DON'T WANT to understand that feeling what is great about running around blind-folded ignoring facts and lying to one self about the quality of education.

9. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    . Someone from NORSU hacked into it....hahaha

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I have met ONE who got a BA degree from Silliman in Marine Biology AND it WAS accepted by a University in the U.S. She also said that her teachers in the U.S. were very impressed with her knowledge and Silliman education while working on her advanced degrees! Said person now has a Masters and PhD and is now a director for Ohio State University. She also did a lecture 2 years ago at Silliman during founders week. I attended her lecture. She is one sharp woman, who has nothing but praise for Silliman!