Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist arrivals up 87.3 percent

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    It cannot be denied that politicians in Dumaguete City belong to the most optimistic part of the population with an even greater sense of humour. It's a pity they will never get alive but only keep on dreaming.

2. gerrywilson

gerrywilson DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, i have not visited Dumaguete City, i was planning to go tour this month, what are speciality about Dumaguete City. Please any one tell me.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Gerry, given one man's passion is another man's poison, you might want to check many of the posts on this forum as well as other internet sites. Your question is too open-ended, be more specific on what you are looking for or looking to do and we may be able to help you out. Cheers.

4. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I've heard that in Mexico kids stand by traffic lights with handkerchiefs at the ready, inhaling fumes from stationary vehicles to get high... that is an idea worth exploring when at the Boulevard, it's a win win situation...they suck up the smoke hence reducing pollution, rate of criminality would drop as getting high would cost nothing and when someone get run over, well, one less troublemaker to worry about... ;-)) I know, jokes apart, it is a sorry state of things....

5. gerrywilson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear PATO, i am planning to go to tour, but i have not decided the destination, so i asked Whether Dumaguete City, is good or not, I it is a good tourist place, i can that place. Cheers.

6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    hi gerry i hope you come and yoy enjoy duma

7. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Hi JerryW, Pato must be busy by now, so on his be half, if Dumaguete City is your top destination then; there's the boulevard avenue where majority of the expats can be seen, bars and restaurant, young pretty girls. We are 40 years behind to the western world so don't expect high, if you are adventurous then it is an interesting journey to be in. If you like islands tour then, visit siquijor, bohol and apo island. If you love diving then Apo Island is right for you. :smile:

8. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you are not into diving or have, there is really nothing interesting in Dumaguete compared to many other places in the Philippines. After my Lolo died 2 years ago we stopped visiting Dumaguete. A week ago we visit old friends for a few days just to confirm that there is really nothing worth visiting, the infrastructure is still extremely bad, and locals still try to tell how great all is. seems they never were on any other island. One change, much noisier and dirtier compared to 2 years ago. If you visit a lot if places in the Philippines before, give Dumaguete a try.IMHO Dumaguete is not in the Top 20 in the Philippines for non-diving activities.

9. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    So it looks as if there is no sound explanation why there are so many Foreigners living in Dumaguete and I have to agree that it's getting harder to see the positive side of living here...

10. gerrywilson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank U blueskies, Marryfee. I want to discuss with friends, i am going to tour with my friends. Thank U.