Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Tourist/Foreign Entry Requirements as of 3FEB2022

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Zamboanga/Sandakan

The Zamboanga-Sandakan ferry is operating. It’s non stop according to the link above. This means the passport will be stamped in Zamboanga not Tawi Tawi (previous years). The link proclaims the entry requirements for Malaysia. Perhaps only an exit stamp from the Philippines is required to return to the Philippines not an entry and exit stamp in Malaysia. Immigration may stamp the passport at the Sandakan terminal and you can return to the Ferry without entry to the city. I do not remember the Ferry layover time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
      • Entry is restricted for citizens and permanent residents of Philippines
      Allowed for: Citizens and permanent residents, as well as residents from Singapore

Restricted for: Foreign nationals, with the above exceptions
      7-day mandatory monitored quarantine for arrivals with a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
    So... no

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    May I add that any Foreigner that arrives with his Filipina Wife get's a no hassle Balikbayan Visa entry and even with no Wife upon arrival if he has an ACR card and his non-permanent residence has been the Philippines and the passport has at least a remaining 6 months,... your easily in. I had long discussions with BI on this as I need to exit in about a year,

-Added question. Where is the best non- Visa Country to fly to for a 24 hour period and than re-enter. This may re-addressed over the next 12 months because nothing stays the same and is always changing. Let's make this easy for those that need to exit. Pertinent information to this question would assist many. Thank you in advance.

Thought about Vietnam but apparently Yah need a Visa to enter. Thailand Yah do not. Depending on what Country your from also depends on the number of Countries you can enter with no Visa. Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The problem with this one is it is up to the discretion of the BI officer. You will likely get in no problem but there is always that chance, no matter how small, an officer is having a bad day.
    I think mine was applied for online. Took a day or two to receive verification, if I remember correctly. I think it is the same with Cambodia (been to both countries). I don't remember how long they are good for, probably 90 days or less, but it isn't a hassle.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Think you will find only if in hospital and only in some cases, plus you pay up front, lots of AXA claims getting knocked back here in Thailand.

6. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    Few things came up in the DFA site today.
    1. Need to get a healthpass from www.onehealthpass.com.ph
    2. Required covid insuance for 35k (USD)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Probably not, however, the option under a. World Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis should be a doable alternative. Armed with your proof of vaccination and passport it shouldn't be hard to be issued the WHO "yellow book" by a health authority in your home town.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022