Dumaguete Info Search

Traffic in Dumaguete absolute c-h-a-o-s!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    What?
    I have no reason to tell the truth (or lie). I've been here for a few years and do get confused.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061

They are all at work by then. Try again at sunrise. At 6 am the boulevard is very crowded with locals who like to walk. And It is not 2.4 kilometers, no way. It used to be 1.5 km round trip and now it may have stretched up to close to a km each way. Just like the other poster, I don't have pics so anyone who wants to know for sure would just have to go for a walk there between sunrise and 6 am. As to the length, there are marker bricks every 100 meters so you can easily count the distance.

Still, this does not help the traffic problem, its in the downtown area and along most streets that they need to make it more pedestrian friendly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Urban Dictionary: pics or it didn't happen
    :wink:

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Get rid of the bloody trikes,all of the cheating arseholes! Bring in jeeps at proper stops. Pretty much of them are all crooks so no one would miss them,the trikes are the ones who mess up,the traffic in town with no respect for anyone!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Finish the bypass road of the national highway....which has never started, only talked about to my knowledge. Get rid of 20% of the trikes. The remainder to have day off painted on the body and enforce day off regs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Its all been said before and it wont change in my life time, its the same as the airport infrastructure in the city is way behind time

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +983 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I bet his bike had no mirrors or lights and he hasn't got a crash helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Welcome to Dirtygete.. the Southern Gateway to beautiful Isla Negros. No beaches, smelley/polluted air & waters, pedestrian & traffic chaos, alkies & addicts and that wonderful smell of Eau de Toilette "Au Natural"... Such a contrast to the rest of the island. I only go there when absolutely required and then I send someone if I can get away with it. How sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Going to the city, even on a motorbike, is getting more and more the kind of disaster, you preferably like to avoid, not mentioning the risks you are @on 2 wheels in the kind of traffic where nobody has no idea what are the rules.
    Also thinking about to try my luck else where in this country in a place/island where pollution, traffic chaos and more is non existing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have to be honest, I have been thinking the exact same thing......though I'm not sure such a place exists in the Philippines.

• Agree Agree x 3