Dumaguete Info Search

Traffic in Dumaguete absolute c-h-a-o-s!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Basically, "sh*t happens"? :wink: Welcome to Asia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Ihave a dash cam each night i take the card out and play it back it frightens sht out of me and i wonder how i got home in one peace

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1,085
    That would make for a good Youtube channel :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    You're a brave man, Alex. If I had one of those and had to relive a trip to Dumaguete, my truck might never leave
    Dauin again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    There are some routes less traveled to get from some points A to B in Dgte. Driving on the main roads isn't the best plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    SEEMS IT COULD BE WORSE IF THIS IS TRUE.
    14 city roads eyed as 1-way on rush hour
    January 24, 2016

Underscoring his belief that traffic congestion harms business, stunts tourism development and jeopardize the safety of motorists, Dumaguete City Councilor Danilo Teves-Leon has authored a proposed ordinance designating 14 streets as one-way during rush hour from 4:00PM- 7:00PM from Monday to Saturday.

However, Councilor Antonio “TonyRems” Remollo opined that the proposed solution is too little and too late since the main problem is the increasing volume of vehicles and people using the same city streets built in the ‘70s described as too narrow and small to accommodate both human and vehicle traffic.

Remollo said that the city administration needs to address first the chronic lack of space in the downtown area and initiate the development of commercial and industrial growth areas.

The proposed ordinance of Councilor Leon would designate the following streets or portions thereof as one-way traffic during rush hours: Cervantes Street to the South beginning Veterans Avenue up to Sta. Rosa Street; Real Street to the north, beginning corner Perdices Street and Romero Roads (Crossing Robinsons) up to Aldecoa Road (Crossing Brix Daro); Mabini Street to the North, beginning Luke Wright Street up to Lorenzo Teves Street; Sta. Catalina Street to the North, beginning Lower Luke Wright Street up to San Juan Street; Ma. Cristina Street to the North, beginning Bishop Surban Street up to Junction of Silliman Avenue; Hibbard Avenue to the South, beginning junction By-pass road continuing to Perdices Street up to Macias Road (Crossing Robinsons, South Road Highway); Sta. Rosa Street to the East, beginning Cervantes Street up to Sta. Catalina Street; Pinili Street to the East, beginning Corner Cervantes Street up to Rizal Boulevard; Lorenzo Teves Street (formerly Colon) to the west beginning Rizal Boulevard up to Real Street; Dr. V. Locsin Street to the East, beginning corner Real Street up to Rizal Blvd; San Jose Street to the west, beginning Rizal Blvd. up to Cervantes Street; San Juan Street to the east, beginning Cervantes Street up to Rizal Blvd. and Silliman Avenue to the west, beginning corner Rizal Blvd up to Cervantes street.

Leon said that the rush hour traffic scheme shall be applicable on special occasions and events similar to fiesta celebration, Christmas season. In the event that this one-way traffic scheme will work out and solve the traffic problem in the city, the TMO is given authority to implement it whole day if ever the need arises.

7. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    kinda like trying to close the barn doors after the horses got loose. Maybe better to enforce the existing schemes and laws and prosecute those who break them and start confiscating improperly licensed vehicles and impounding them. Those two alone should get rid of a large number of vehicles and drivers with improper licensing etc...

Better yet how about the politicians grandstand on their soap boxes about how they will fix things until after the elections and then do nothing like always

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I always love that moment, or half hour or so when, the streets change from one way to two way. This is the magic moment of sheer chaos. If you have ever experience going down a one way street to face drivers who decide not to wait until the street OFFICIALLY is two way and just start driving opposed to the traffic flow patterns, you know exactly the moment I am talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And also lose a lot of votes for any politician who backed such an order. It simply won't happen until most of the people driving on the roads are doing so legally (or until Democracy goes away and votes no longer matter).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    even if i was not a FAT boy i still could not open the door the lock is not on the drivers side

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1