Dumaguete Info Search

Traffic in Dumaguete absolute c-h-a-o-s!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 5, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I don't even think they do it on purpose,just a lack of thought for anyone else and and sort of driving education,I wonder what the % pass rate would be of they introduced a western style driving exam along with a written test!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    At least they didn't block the driver's side.

3. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    did you mean this TMO?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Wrye83 the key hole on that car is on the passenger side . its the only car i have seen like that. When i said (why the f..k would you do that )he said to me watch your mouth this is not your country .

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can't argue with that logic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That's because it was a Japanese import and they had to convert it here in the PI to change steering wheel to other side etc. They just left the door lock where it was in Japan.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Maybe changing the traffic flow to one-way streets will help. At least it is not something that needs huge expenditures on infrastructure and can be reversed with little effort if it doesn't help.

But why do it only for rush hour, then watch the chaos every day while the patterns change? What is the downside to making the proposal a 24/7 setup? Manhattan seems to get along fairly well with almost every street in the high-density areas being one-way at all times. So...you have to go around the block to get where you're going...so what?

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe the current one ways run from 7-9am until around 9pm. The streets are basically empty at night and there is no need for the one ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +983 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think the only answer is a new capital city midway between Dumaguete and Bacolod and get a foreign city planner to start from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My first thought is to agree with you. My second thought is of all the traffic coming in off all the side streets and that will slow traffic to a crawl as it does on existing one ways. My third thought is to how they like to dig up one lane of the street and squeeze all traffic into a bottleneck, and instead of doing one spot at a time and doing it quickly, and at night, they work on 10 spots and only during prime time.

There are ways to make it work, but the local culture and government do not have the 'sense of purpose' it takes to get a job like that done.

• Agree Agree x 3