Dumaguete Info Search

Traffic Nightmare ( be Ready for even more unexpected chaotic Driving)

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Found this on a Facebook Post, might help someone, I highly doubt it, but you never know... :o o:

Attached Files:

2. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    US is yield to your right.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In the US at a (marked) 4-way stop:
    1. Right of way goes to the person who was at the intersection first.
    2. If 2-3 cars arrive at the same time the person furthest to the right goes first.
    3. If two vehicles arrive at the intersection going opposite directions....nobody really knows, just paper-rock-scissors that sh*t.
    4. If 4 people arrive at the exact same time, the *sshole will always go first, then the person furthest to the right.
    5. If anyone doesn't know the order of operations and hesitates for more than 1/4 second, skip their dumbass and make sure to flip them the bird (while making solid eye contact) as you speed through the intersection.

For unmarked intersections (as I was talking about in the post you quoted)....hell if I know, I learned to drive in the civilized world where we have signs at every intersection.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And Traffic Lights, well marked signs, and... The Asshats who would get along just fine here! :finger: hehe But lack of Mobile Police here sure outweighs any negatives I might have with driving here, it is more fun in the Philippines isn't it? :biggrin:
    WHEN I do buy a Car I still only plan to drive from Zamboanguita to Robinson's then catch a Tricycle to do what I need to do like Shopping etc, then catch another tricycle back to the Car where I will drive home, should save a lot of angst especially finding somewhere to park... (I HOPE!) :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If both are going straight, both turning right, both turning left, no problem
    and Straight or right turn has priority over left turn

6. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Not a bad plan. I had considered doing the same when I heard all the angst about trying to park in "downtown" Dumaguete. But I think people expect to swing into town and get the "Doris Day" parking spot, and if it isn't there they think finding parking is difficult. I found that if you are able and willing to walk a few blocks, parking is not that difficult. This is my weekday experience and haven't tried a weekend which is probably different.

Disclaimer: Maybe I am simply doing it wrong, but I have not had any parking tickets yet. I look to be sure there are not any "No Parking" signs and that I am not blocking a driveway. If that's done, I just park as far to the right as I can without going onto the sidewalk (if there even is one.) I have heard (maybe someone can verify) that there are no tow trucks in Dumaguete. I haven't seen one, either government or commercial. If that be the case, parking tickets are cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm sure there is one somewhere in the city. If it is used or not is another story. I'm pretty sure they do have wheel boots though. Might make for a bad (and vehicle-less) week running around trying to get it off.

8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Excellent point! They won't boot my new ride, though.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I agree, as I park in one place with my M/C across from Lee Plaza in front of Robinsons, and walk the rest of the town. For walking purposes, the town is not really any bigger than a large mall is the US.
    However I have found the weekend, and Monday also to be very difficult to get around town, even to walk the sidewalks or fight the crowds in the stores. I try to go "into town" only on Tuesday to Friday or later at night. It is just easier, I can get most of what I need at Robinson's mall and Hypermart without entering into the down town area on Saturday through Monday. .

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I often catch the Jeepney to the end of its run and walk through the park to the BPI Bank, but I often run out of puff as my leg is permanently broken 2" from my Hip joint with no steep plate/ pins/ screws etc to hold the break together and Dr's say it is impossible to repair due to my body rejecting the steel, so after 33 years my right leg has shortened by 6" meaning I need to use a Crutch to walk, should have been in a wheelchair years ago according to the Dr's but that is a 'death's door option only' for me, hence why I would LOVE to buy a Car to get around here, but with other more pressing priorities/obligations to pay for first a car will have to wait, maybe come that day, all of the Traffic problems will be fixed by the time I buy one... :biggrin: LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1