Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Traffic/Parking

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    In some places I love the parking guys, they save me headaches and time along with the much higher chance of my motor getting scratched up. Most people can't park worth a d*mn especially those on motorcycles and as most of us also back in our motorcycle then get off it obviously takes up more space then if we were off first and it was squeezed in nicely and in the end w/o those guys we'd have 30%+ less parking space then we do now. Further many of these idiots can't park their own bike and would end up scratching up my bike constantly. These parking attendants also work as a sort of security as well making sure no one steals your mirrors or license plate which does occasionally happen. They won't obviously fight someone over it but their simply being there watching acts a deterence and those guys know that if they let someone f*ck with the bikes of their customers they won't be getting their 5p this day or the next day.

However what I hate on them is when they go to obvious places they are NOT needed and yet there they are trying to create a pointless racket to make a few easy peso's they think. These cases I park my own motor and refuse to tip and even give them bad looks (yes, bad looks!). But I guess I have my soft spot as well because at Neva's Pizza a couple of years ago a couple of young kids were parking motorcycles when wasn't really needed and my lady talked to them and turned out they did it after school in the evenings just trying to make money for school the next day. What heartless sob can really turn down a few peso's for that... right?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    First time I ever saw this:
    Traffic enforcer in the orange shirt was giving a ticket to a motorcycle parked on the sidewalk just up the street from Emcor. He actually looked at the serial number on the frame of the motorcycle and wrote it down. Not sure how they will ever enforce the collection of the ticket but its a start.
    Lots of traffic enforcers out on the streets this morning. They were directing traffic at some intersections where I have never seen them operating before. I can't say that it helps but its good to see them trying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I think many of would agree to a lot you say but with out these Guys there would be pandemonium as it is well known as a fact that people just can not park orderly and left to ones own devices. Precious space would be lost. 5 peso is not a lot for orderly Parking.

• Agree Agree x 2