Dumaguete Info Search

Tricycle Drivers Strike Starting Monday...Things to Consider

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shakey, Jun 14, 2020.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I did not think for one minute that my observation would change a d*mn thing but been here long enough to see that some change could help... might say that if that post is of no interest then you might move on without commenting on something you profess not to care about
    "shall we" ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    But who decides what is useful? What is useful to me may be of no interest to you (and vice versa).

People should be allowed to state opinions within a Forum but nice if we can stop arguing too much (he says about a Forum with an average age of about 95.66!). Anyway, we always have the Headmaster (Mr Rye), Deputy (Mr DavyL) and other staff members to keep us within boundaries - and what a good job they do! [extra Trophy points for saying that?].

P.S. Where do I spend my Trophy points?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    You don't say too much - I never meant that. I was talking about not getting too involved with a country which is not ours and which we have extremely limited influence upon.

4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Ah, my mistake. Thank you for clarifying. I understand your viewpoint, but I do plan to live here, for a few decades, and don't want my kids to be the next children to die in a v-hire van. I consider if far preferable for no one to ever die in an accident and reducing the causes would certainly reduce the statistical probability.

5. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It changes something for me. Personally, I'm glad to gain someone else's perspective on an issue. Thank you for posting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. RDLC-31K

RDLC-31K DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    IMO trykes are part of the charm of the Phils, like Jeepneys.
    I really would not like that Philippines looks like any western countries, with all laws getting enforced, especially on the roads.
    We just have to keep in mind that when we're driving 80km/h, on highway, we're one of the fastest, same in town with 30-40km/h ....
    And when you see a tryke on the road it means "brake" !
    BTW I've been driving in many SEA countries, also in India and Sri Lanka and I think that Philippines are the most secure roads.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RDLC-31K

Ratings:
    +20 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And I will never let any relatives in a V hire :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. RDLC-31K

Ratings:
    +20 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well I know that in France we have been told that we don't know how to wear face mask (when they were not available !)...but nevertheless I still did not manage to put my helmet and face mask together !?...

10. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Correct, and the other thing to consider is what mode of transport would replace them? Five times as many taxis, m/bikes or cars, causing more congestion than the trikes do. Not enough road space through the main arterial routes as it is. The trikes may be unpredictable, but it's a predictable kind of unpredictability - i.e. expect the unexpected.