Dumaguete Info Search

Trike driver recommendations...

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Kelly Acosta, Aug 13, 2018.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I surly agree, just the other day I flagged one at Omaga's to the Bethel where I had parked the car. He said 7 pesos. I handed him a 20, told him thanks. He was smiling when he left.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I hope all of those who can afford to offer that generosity would do the same - these trike drivers have had a very steep increase in fuel prices but the fare remains the same. If we can shift just a little from our pockets to theirs then perhaps a few families might eat better that day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Kelly Acosta

Kelly Acosta DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    I hear you; thanks for your response.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not really. The government raises the fare prices when the fuel prices go up...but never lower them when the prices go down.

5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I would be interested to have hard facts on that because I don't use trikes much at all and rarely give less than P20. About 2 years ago in CdO gasoline was about P36 and now is about P52. So how have trike fares changed in the last 2 years? I thought they had not changed much.

6. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    In Tagum City are the tricycle fares depending on the gasoline price. And that is officially published in every tricycle. You can even find the fare matrix online.
    images.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Same in Dumaguete. All I was able to find with a quick search was Philstar articles and the site appears to be in mid disaster. You can still read the summaries in the search results. Link

I don't pay attention these days, but I recall that some pedicabs tape up a fare list inside the cab. You could probably find a list on the internets as well. Not sure who's responsible for it, and the site is probably down just like every other site in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For Comparison: We have a couple who we use, one guy is a local here in Zamboanguita and will drive us to Dumaguete, wait for us when we go in to eat, wait while we do our Grocery Shopping etc... From Zamboanguita; we pay him 400 pesos to take us to Dumaguete, then another 400 pesos to take us home after our day out (he us happy to wait for us in between) and on the way home (if we are not too late going home) we usually stop at Chooks to Go and buy him a BBQ Chicken to take home to his family as it is usually well after dark by the time we arrive home here. We then tip him 100 to carry in our Groceries, so all up a 900 peso Fare (1100php with the BBQ Chicken) but well worth it for me.

Another guy (if we miss the first guy) usually spies us at Hypermart and races to us to bring us home as he lives nearby here and we are his last Fare for the day. We pay him 400 pesos to drive us home and tip him another 100 pesos as he usually carries in our 4x large boxes of groceries from the Highway along the Goat track to our house. Depending; we often buy him a BBQ Chicken also to take home to his Family.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Brian, You have written on this forum before about your simple (and contented) life ...... and we know you are not awash with money ...

But, Mate, what a BIG BIG HEART you have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Qwertz

Qwertz DI Junior Member

Retired lighthouse keeper
    Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    If you have a Filipino wife, always get her to negotiate the price. You stay out of the way!

• Agree Agree x 1