Dumaguete Info Search

TRIKE FARES

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    When I drive through Duma Town, which I try and avoid as much as possible, I often wonder how all the Tricycle drivers/owners can make a living, due to the huge number of them on the roads, and so many of them are without passengers, keenly looking for a fare ?:confused:

2. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I just read the fares are to stay at 6.50p its seems a big drop from 8.5p but some power to be must have factored in the drop in the price of fuel and came up with with that figure. there seems to many of them on the road maybe a 2 number system with some licensed to run on the hwy. some side street. Or would a odds n even number system work alternate days working . Any how this will all blow over and we will go back to more of the same

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :confused: As these things do Alex but one has to wonder if they will now overload to a very, very, dangerous capacity to try and make up the difference, I have to sit and smile and cringe even, as I view passengers on the roof in my minds eye as we see on some of the larger Jeepneys and other Transport:wacky:

JP:bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Take a look next time you take a trip to mabinay,the road from bais up the windy road to the top at the jeepneys how overloaded they are. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this, there was as many people on the roof as there was inside. Have also seen a few of them go off the road up there and down into the ravine if a tree does not stop them, public transport just isn't safe here along with the lack of maintenance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Wouldn't be so bad if the roads were decent One Pot Hole and Off you go.:eek: I always laugh at this photo but I hope we don't see this sort of thing happening (Hmmmmmmmmmm Stranger things have I guess.):cautious:

bean on car.jpg bean on Roof.jpg bean looks on.jpg

So lets look to the Future of maybe a Double Decker Trike trike double decker.jpg

JP:bag:

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I was in Dumaguete today and the trike fairs were the same, not sure what a difference it should work out to but the wife asked and they said there is no change...gas is cheaper the guys may make a bit over the course of the day

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We
    The trike drivers are telling a little fib then because the prices are supposed to be 6.50 and not the 8.50.