Dumaguete Info Search

TRIKE FARES

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    2,500 Units in the City - now wonder there is a traffic problem - Yikes - :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yes they are in deed telling some White ones as we can see, Shawn's wife was told No change yet it had already been Lowered.

As with many issues like this, they will continue to shoot themselves in the foot until they realize it hurts:wacky:
    Short Term quick profits rarely last :wideyed: I am sure the majority of Owner/drivers will see sense in the End and settle for the middle road:thumbsup:

JP:bag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I recon they already have settled for the middle of the road, right and left side and pavement too.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The 6.5 rate may be low, but they are only paid that little because there are too many trikes on the streets. Looks like the strike, reduced the number to about 500 trikes (80% reductions) without too much a catastrophe on the riding public and I am pretty sure that those who got rides were happy to pay an amount higher than 6.5 P. Just cut the amount of trikes, and the fees will adjust appropriately and not have to have an artificial lid on them. After a little bit of bitching everyone will adjust and be happy... that is how it seems to work here in the Philippines.

Does anything every change because of laws here? Were there many people wearing helmets in town now because of the helmet law?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: Unfortunately as Dustin Told us we lost the Posts from Yesterday so here is an Update, Seems they have settled on a 7.50 Minimum fare :pompus: lets see how Long it is before they Ask for more :whistling: I see it is immediate but they need time to sort the Complaints out :meh: Hmmmmmmmmmmm Talk, Talk, Talk, Their favorite pastime on things of little consequence to those that don't matter (US) we would have paid 10 piso but Shhhhhhhh:cautious: don't let them Know that :wink:

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2015/January/29/negor1.htm

6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :greedy: It's all about money is it Not!:cigar:
    I was going to start a fresh Thread but I saw no reason to on what I will say because it is all relevant. We have heard how little these Peole/Owners /Drivers get per day for what ever reason, Too many Bikes and bad Route Planning or Whatever, But many never seem to give a thought to the End Result. Even Store owners that use a Trike every now and then.
    When I went for my daily SMB at the Local Sorry, Sorry, Last night, it was indeed a Sorry situation that I met.
    There was an almighty heated discussion going on between the store owner and 2 or 3 local Trike Men. So they Get reduced from 8.50 per Ride to 6.50 then get it upped to 7.50, Losing 1 peso all told they have enjoyed for some time. Not a lot to us but as we have read it IS a lot in many in Different Circumstances. The Row I met was about the Store Owner raising his Stick price for Cigarettes by 25 cevs OK not a National Crime cos I daresay many will have done this but I can sympathize with these people to a Degree. They Loose 1 peso in Revenue and get hit with a 25 cev Increase on there little luxury.

Mr Mayor you ARE going to get more Stick on this I am sure.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hope they didn't put up your SMB Jack.:arghh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :rage: :o o: Hmmmmmmmmmmm They wouldn't Dare :eek: Would They?:facepalm: surely Not, That would constitute an International Incident in Our Baragay :redface: I might even withdraw my purchasing Power from the Store.:cigar: OK so I lie:wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    "The new fare rate was hiked by one peso from the P6.50 adjustment about two weeks ago and caused a 12-hour transport strike in Dumaguete, when MCH drivers claimed it was not beneficial to them."

When can I join a group that things get changed for when it is not beneficial to us? (I just don't have the time and the energy to list all the things that are not beneficial to me at the moment :o o: )

Thanks jackpeterson for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Dave! If Ever there was such a Thing, you know as well as I, that we would be barred from joining for so many reasons:wink:

• Funny Funny x 1