Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: True Love

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I imagine as with most non Filipino dishes here, it's hard to get the right ingredients. You do the best with what you can get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I took the wife to True Love last week. Ordered the jerk chicken and she got the grilled parrot fish. For me, the jerk chicken wasn't up to the taste and flavors I experienced while in Jamaica. The wife said she truly enjoyed the parrot fish and it was the first time she'd eaten it. Service was very good! Actually the service was exceptionally good!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Agree with all the above comments! Went there tonight with missus, helper and baby. Food excellent, great ambiance with Bob Marley in the background anmd the owner is a real nice guy! Thoroughly enjoyable and will be returning shortly!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I concur. I went there today for lunch and had a very nice starter of Soup and cornbread (I believe included with all meals) and spoke to the Owner 'Orville' while my food was prepared. Very nice guy and very friendly. The place was spotless for a local eatery and he had see through windows so you can watch your meal being prepared in the immaculately clean kitchen. I was impressed. Also talking with the owner he recently did a renovation and enclosed part of the eating area with smoked glass windows to block out street noise and flies etc. he also added an air conditioner so it was very pleasant to eat there in midday sun. The food was very tasty and large portions for a very reasonable price IMPO. They are open from approx 8am till 10 pm and you can call in your order for pick-up if you like at 0905-707-1643 or 0905-268-3255.

I enjoyed the food and conversation and will be back again.

DaveD

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I believe I was there. I was sitting at the next table over, the guy with the longish hair and beard.

That's a good review and I will show it to the owner. He appreciates any feedback.

The privacy item is a tricky balance. Often you'll see friends and even new customers sitting at the same table. The inside area is probably better for a more quiet setting. We get a bit chatty outside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Loveoneanother

Loveoneanother DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you for your review. Two of my customers who work in the Middle East bring us some Dates and I remember you were asking about Dates so I put away some for you brother. One love. True love cafe respect all it customers. And we listen to everyone of them. That the only way we will be able to served them better. Respect

• Like Like x 2
  7. Loveoneanother

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Orville from True love Cafe would like to thank you all for you corraparation and support in making True love cafe a place of interest we will do all that we can to served you healthy meals. One love .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Loveoneanother

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you it was a pleasure serving you guys. If there anything we can do to improver true cafe. Service please let us know we. Are here to served thank you

• Like Like x 2
  9. jamaica

jamaica DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was shocked to see this place just south of Robinson Mall about 1KM. What a Great Place and Vibe. Great atmosphere in this little cafe.
    Complimentary bowl of soup and cornbread was delicious.
    Both the Jerk Chicken and the Mutton Curry were beautiful and inexpensive.
    The staff all look and act like they really love being there and as a consequence the service is fabulous. Thyis place is spotless. Really good value . The Owner Orville Henry is Great to Chat with ! and well knowned in Jamaica for being a Great Chef !A Bit of Jamaica in The Philippines !

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have no comment or concern with how a business promotes a charity event/program myself. I will ask they they be please kept separate on the forum though.

There is an existing thread for the charity school program here: Charity - Adopting a School | Dumaguete Info

Let's try to keep this thread on topic (food, service, reviews of the True Love restaurant).

• Agree Agree x 2