Dumaguete Info Search

Twin Lakes

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Ladyhiker, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Ladyhiker

Ladyhiker DI Junior Member

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I find it interesting that I know of many friends with vehicles and money being able to bring their children to the now opened resorts and other places even though the ordinances says stay at home. I was taking a scenic drive up to Twin Lakes today and was behind a rent for hire white tourist van. They were crammed to the hilt inside the van and there were many kids too. I followed them in curiosity. They stopped at the guard point area and after talking a while then got back in to turn around. I spoke with the lady guarding the entrance and she said that the rules of 60 and above and 21 and younger were being enforced. I am just curious. Maybe the private sector is less willing to follow it then the governmental sector which must. Kids are all out bicycling and on motorbikes and everywhere already. Anyone's thoughts on this?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I bet it is selective enforcement even at government offices. SSS and immigration seem to have no problem letting the elderly in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Twin Lakes is a Government concern it is Administered by the Philippine Forestry Commission.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think that is what was said, the government employee at the guard shack turned the bus away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    It read as if it was maybe a private sector issue :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    This is the Philippines, sense or reason does not apply......Go with the flow !!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its actually run by a farmers association at twin lakes,the dner manage the surrounding areas.
    A friend of mine who is 70 was there at twin lakes yesterday.

• Informative Informative x 5
  8. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    I Love the Twin Lakes NP..... hope I can go again soon, just tell 'em I'm 59 yrs and forgot to bring any ID, just like I do at the Mall where the Sons Rob us.....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so, once you arrive at the entry to the park with the manned office and barrier across the road. is the only alternative then to walk into the park? we have been there twice. we see this nice road going up the hill but they will not let us use it and direct us to park and walk.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for what it is worth, the same advice applies exactly to working with schizophrenics

• Like Like x 1