Dumaguete Info Search

How to Txt message to Scotland.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by andiflip, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I live here. But just now stranded in Europe. Never mind, even the poorest Filipino can find a free Wifi somewhere in town. And those have enough speed for at least some texting. If you read the comment of Notmyrealname properly you notice in his case the problem is back home. They don't have a clue how the internet works.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

2. OP
    OP
    andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
  3. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    If you read ,, i am trying to be able to send a txt message to my brother in Scotland who is perfectly aware of what the internet is.. Most of the UK uses a wired connection and it is quite easy to get out of wifi range especially in the country side. If i am travelling on a train and no wifi i want to be at least able to tell him what time i will arrive so he can pick me up.. and also while i am here there are many places i want to contact him and there is no wifi..

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are you getting an error message when you try to send a text? If so what does it say?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Btw, I believe that some cell phones (or providers) may require mobile data to be enabled, depending on the text protocol they use. If the person you are trying to text has mobile data disabled on their phone or they are out of 3g or better coverage area it may not go through until the phone has access to the internet. Not 100% on that and I have no idea how international texts using different protocols would be handled but it is something to consider.

6. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    No error messages and i am being charged for txts????

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You would have to check your balance but, yeah, I suspect you would be charged.

8. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Got over 500 so no problem with load.. tried to get help with Globe but they are about useless. Due to the pandemic bla bla bla.. working from bla bla bla.. they said my SIM card is ok and my balance is ok,, and said they would message me back bla bla bla..

9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    My advice would be to download Viber on your phone. Why not call instead of text? $4.99 for 263 minutes to a UK number.

10. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I wonder if a prepaid balance of 500 or so is enough to permit international calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.