Dumaguete Info Search

How to Txt message to Scotland.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by andiflip, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    So far this just keeps getting more goofy.. Globe asked me to change my network to 3G, that doesn't work, i can't even get on to the cell number to check my balance.. I have had 2 gentlemen here txt the number from Globe and neither went thru.. one guy send a txt from Smart using his australian SIM and it went thru.. One gentleman used a Globe prepaid and the other used Globe plan. I have now changed my network to LTE/3G/2G auto and i am being deducted for txts 15 peso's for a short one and 40 peso's for a longer one.. Maybe its working now.. Will confirm around 2 or 3 Dumaguete time.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You said you have two SIM slots. Have you tried to get a Smart or Sun SIM and use that to text you bother? I think the SIM cards even come with enough load on them to send an international text.

3. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    None of the txts thru Globe went thru,, i got another SIM card from Globe and will try then in the other slot first.. I still no work i will get a Smart SIM..

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Check out Sun. I think I remember them having good promos on international texts.

5. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    As expected this all came to nothing.. i tried two different Globe SIM cards, i tried both in different phones, i bought a Smart SIM and tried in two different phones also.. definitely some thing is wrong on this end.. Globe said there is no problem this end , Smart says nothing wrong on this end.. TESCO /O2 the provider in Scotland says the problem is at this end. British Telecom says the problem is at this end.. i surrender and give up talking to call center agents who work off a list of probably causes but when the problem is not on the list they just stop answering..

6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Try using someone elses phone which is not prepay and is a later G network. I seem to remember you saying something about G2 or G3?

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tried it with my phone, which is 2019 top tier model and had an LTE connection (the fastest connection available). It went through when I used my US SIM/number but failed with the Globe SIM/network. It is a problem with the local providers that is unlikely to be resolved at the user level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Well, they are not 93 or more - so good on your mother for being in touch with modern tech. One of my siblings went on a course in using computers, his grandchildren visited and switched on his laptop, they returned home - he had to phone them to come and turn it off as he did not know how. He told me that turning it off was not covered in his course!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Gave you the 'Genius' for being so helpful to another member - shows the strength of the Forum when some are willing to put in so much effort.

10. OP
    OP
    andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Lo and behold i spoke too soon.. Smart messaged me back and said they put a ticket in to PLDT and was answered that my txt messages were being blocked as SPAM as the area codes were unfamiliar. They said to try again which i did. Txt messages went thru on my prepaid Globe SIM and my prepaid Smart card..15 peso's a txt which is cheaper than International calls i believe..

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.