Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question type of visa

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by jmoranfun123, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RMNImmigration

RMNImmigration DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The choice is yours if you want the BB stamp its a matter of diplomacy talking to BI Officers

2. RMNImmigration

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Much better is don't rely to the Balikbayan stamp, file a visa that will gets you permanent."

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Again two years ago I had my passport stamped BB. EXPLAIN THAT.

4. RMNImmigration

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will not explain anything. You will not get any additional info comin from me. I'm not your lawyer and your not my client.

5. RMNImmigration

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and why we keep on debating bout this BB issue? What I said is the BI's policies and procedures are keep on changing you better apply a Philippine Visa for your own good, if you married a Filipina 13a, if not 13Quota, if working 9g. see the BI website its updated. If the BI's mission is to regulate and control coming of aliens in the country, Our's is to help establish the legalization of undocumented aliens in the Philippines.

I rest my case.

"Pride only leads to arguments but those who take advice is wise"

6. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    O-| please spare us with your statements if you can not explain them or showing any kind of refference.
    I am not your client, and that rude reaction of yours makes sure that I will never be.

Nice that there are many members here which give real information and provide appropriate sources. Thanks for that !

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

BB priveleges are available to spouses and children of foreigners who arrive WITH THEIR PARENTS OR SPOUSES!

It appears that you haven't read the procedures, or have some serious comprehension issues of your own to deal with.

From the Bureau of Immigration website;

"The “Balikbayan Privilege” may be availed of by foreign family members of all 3 classifications provided that they travel together everytime they enter the country (MEMORANDUM dated July 1, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRD)."

The Bureau of Immigration, Philippines Official Website - Travel Requirements for Filipinos

If you are here for free advertisement, you are not showing much knowledge in the field of your expertise. I suspect you won't be here much longer, bye bye.

Larry.

8. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    A Balickbayan Privilege is not only a matter of Philippine Immigration but also for the airlines.
    Airlines follow the (printed) rules from immigration and not the rules of some "forum guy"".
    If you travel alone for a long period to the Philippines you better have a visa in advance to avoid the airline from canceling your boarding.
    Married or not married to a Philippina doesn't matter in this case.
    As an alternative to a visa you may present a (throw away) ticket out of the Philippines within 21 days of arrival

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    that would be 12 month, not 21 days. ...actually 16, but you can't buy ticket that long in advanced as of my knowledge.

but of course you are absolutely correct with the "throw away" outbound ticket. That 850 peso won't hurt and can be a smart "investment" if needed

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    There is also the issue that airlines vary somewhat on their procedures. Some will allow one to board without an ongoing ticket if traveling with their spouse (balikbayan). Others will not.

Larry