Dumaguete Info Search

Event U.S. Annual Report Received

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How long has he been paying taxes? :wink:

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    He is only 6 yr old. A dependant for a parent on social security benefits will receive benefits until he turns 18. If (or should I say when I die), he will receive 75% of mine. However, if I have a 2nd child, they would each receive 1/4 of my total, so you cannot increase your monthly check by having more children. My wife is not an US citizen so she receives no US benefits.

3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    It is like a private single annuity with survivorship for minor dependents and spouse (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Not wife unless US citizenship.

5. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    If you have been living in the USA and married to you for 10 years, then she gets the greater of her own earned pension or 1/2 of yours. This holds true for illegal alien wives, even if the moved back to (Mexico, Philippines etc.). Your wife can get half if yours if you have been married for 10 years.

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Doesn’t apply to me

7. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I don’t know why my wife did not receive hers yet. If she doesn’t get it soon we will just have to go to a local SS office and do what needs to be done during our USA trip, such as, filling out forms etc., next month. SS does have the tech to do this online rather than rely on PhilPost to reliably do this. Not sure why they don’t. We can all create secure sign-in at MySS. Our address as listed with SS is inter Philippines.

8. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Try the embassy in manila ???? :

<<Services provided by Social Security Administration (SSA) are free of charge and include: Taking claims for entitlement to all types of Social Security Benefits, including retirement, survivors, disability, lump sum death......Processing applications for new or replacement Social Security cards.......Processing all post entitlement issues: foreign enforcement questionnaire, change of address, direct deposit enrollment, non-receipt of check issues, etc........Clearing earnings discrepancies.......Handling Medicare enrollments and non-coverage issues
    Contact Information:
    Phone: (632) 301-2000 ext. 9
    Fax: (632) 708-9723 and (632) 708-9714>>
    E-Mail: FBU.Manila@ssa.gov

Local Address:
    Social Security Administration
    United States Embassy
    1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
    Manila, Philippines 0930

9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Yes, thank you Edward, I will touch base with them before I leave. Thanks for all the Embassy information.

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    As of today, I still haven't received the form for my dependent. Anyone else still in the same boat?