Dumaguete Info Search

Event U.S. Annual Report Received

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jun 21, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Still haven’t received mine either. Perhaps the SSA had a brain fart and decided the odds are if we are alive, our dependents are as well, God willing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Regarding the USA SSA annual report form, has anyone received their dependant’s form? I haven’t.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
  4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I received my son’s SSA annual report today.

5. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    That is great news. According to their calendar, October is the month where you receive the first notice/warning to return the form. Then you get a notice in January. If they haven’t heard from you by Feb 1, they stop paying. My wife still has not received hers but we were fortunate enough to go to USA in July and we went to local SSA in NC, filled out the forms in front of them and I THINK we are both OK as they mailed the forms to the international office. Unfortunately they depend on the postal services in the US and PHILS to both be operating reliably and if any problems, well, that is the recipient’s problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Seems to take 90 days ftom mailing. I imagine the US tax form 1090 will arrive past April 15.

7. furriner

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Do you mean IRS Form 1040? They haven’t sent me one of those in 15 years. You don’t need it; you can file 1040 electronically online for free. But our sovereign citizen ought to weigh in as to whether the US GOVT INC Ltd has the corporate power to tax you if you do not do commerce with that entity. And if you visit their office and there is a gold furl around the US flag, that is unmistakable evidence that they are practicing military maritime law which does not apply to you as a civilian hahaha! (Sorry...could not resist, from other thread :chuckle.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    No, the SSA sends an annual report which you are required to complete and return. Perhaps checking to see ifyou are still alive. If they don’t receive a returned document they will stop sending your monthly transfer. This is occasionally a problem due to mail delays or lost mail.

9. furriner

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Oh, you said “tax form 1090” but it looks like the SSA form, not tax form for annual report that I gave them last year while we were at our our USA home. Talking about that, I think I might save a lot of problems there by declaring a family address there with SSA since it is direct deposited into s US credit union anyway. I could make that change online :thinkinghard:

10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Sorry, two subjects. Yes, I expect a 1090 form so I can pay tax for the first time in many years.