Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. Consulate Cebu - Notification of Birth

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Oct 19, 2011.

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    He knows I live here so I assume it's here. It's normally at Bethel hotel. I sent him an e mail asking the venue, but no answer yet.

I will work on more detail and post the information.
    Ron

2. aprilfrancesca

aprilfrancesca One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Ron,

How are you? I would like to ask, if you can help me. A friend of mine and her fiancee are planning to be married this coming April 29 and asking me to go to US consulate and ask if they can get the affidavit in a short period of time, like 3-5 days coz the guy will arrive on the 21st of April and get married in the 29th. will it be possible? hope you can help me and get a quick reply form you.

thanks and have a nice day

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I believe he will need a certificate of non encumbrance, and to the best of my knowledge he will have to apply for it in person in cebu. With that short of a time, I think it will be close to impossible. and if he is divorced he will need proof of that. Sorry if it sounds bad. You might read some of the older post's or contact Shadow, his is very knowledgeable.
    Best of luck,Ron

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Your friend will have to go in person with complete documentation shown in the embassy web site below to apply for the
    Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage. I received mine the same morning. I suggest he goes there at 8am and give the administrator your complete paperwork and when Mr. Domingo comes in at 9:00am and your turn comes up, he will call you in, review the docs, and sign it right there. Suggest he carefully reads over the documentation required. If I can help, just let me know.

Getting Married in the Philippines | Embassy of the United States Manila, Philippines

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    He can get the affidavit Mon-Fri 9-11 except Philippine and American holidays. He will need to take his passport, copies of all divorce decrees, and his fiance with him. However, getting the affidavit is not going to be the issue.

The issue is, once he has the affidavit, they have attended the marriage counseling seminar, and met all other requirements as may seem fit by the nice people at the LCR, there is a 10 day waiting period for the marriage license to be issued.

So to sum it up, no, it is not likely that will be enough time for them to meet all requirements and get married. They best be planning on three weeks to accomplish all that.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Also, schedule with a judge or mayor ahead of time, if the catholic church, it is more rigid. I believe the bride has to be a residence in the city she will marry for at least six months. We had to wait a couple of days after the marriage to get the marriage certificate. Also, be aware the mandatory marriage counseling sessions Larry referred to are only held on certain days. Will they be getting married in Dumaguete? A guy from England probably set the record when he said the made it through the process in two weeks last year; however, his wife to be did all the requisite prelims and had the schedule wired in. I agree with Larry, don't think it is possible for an American to get it done in less than three weeks.

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Thanks guys, it's been a long time since I did it.

Ron

8. elvs74

elvs74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i agree with Larry,Me and my husband experienced all this things. To get the capacity is only 1 day but you need to have an appointment online but the problem is to get the Marriage License. it took 10 days to publish but before that you have to attend the siminar for whole day and the siminar is only held every tuesday. Before you can apply for marriage license you have to undergo this siminar so you can get the certificate.If he arrive at 21 it is impossible and also if he gets married in Church its a big problem. wither they married in Bacong, Sibulan or Valencia aslong as its belong to Dioces of Dumaguete all thier papers must be submitted to Cathedral Church for approval before the church give thier schedule.

And note , before getting a marriage license both(boy and girl) must get cinomar from NSO.
    Its so hard to get Married now with all the papers and processing, but its worth when you married to your dream boy.

elvs

9. elvs74

elvs74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Ron! Good evening...I have the same concern and i hope you can give me some info and requirements needed before i go to Cebu.
    I have a Son who is 1 year old, my husband is an American and still working in US. Can i apply for hes CRBA and passport even if my husband is not arround. My husband is here only on Christmas vacation so no office.
    hope you can help me.

thanks a lot.

elvs

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The requirements for filing CRBA are here;

First-Time Report of Birth Abroad | Embassy of the United States Manila, Philippines

Larry