Passports Best Posts in Thread: U.S Passport Renewal

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    In order to Renew a U.S. Passport from Dumaguete you need two things.

1. A courier, Air21 for sending and returning your passport from the Embassy in Manila. P240 is the round trip cost. Contrary to what is posted on Google, they are located at the back of the Octagon Computer Store at the intersection of Perdices/Acacia Pinili Streets and their phone number is 035 422 6349.

If you take your document requirements to the store, they will be organized in the proper order and will put them in a brown envelope. Also their contract with the U.S. Embassy requires them to pickup at your residence the brown envelope with the payment of P240. The new passport will be delivered to your residence.

To check on the progress of your new passport this link will allow that. https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search
    The status doesn't take into consideration we are living in the Philippines and it takes a while for the Passport to arrive at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. The two day delivery may only apply to U.S. residents.

2. A Managers Check for U.S. Dollars from a bank approved by the U.S. government.

This is the tricky part. The approved banks require you to have a U.S. Dollar account with them to issue a Managers Check which is drawn on a U.S. International bank which they have an account for such matters. Read closely the instructions on the Embassy website for any alternatives.
    https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/renew-an-adult-10-year-validity-passport/

I needed to renew my expiring passport before going to Cebu for passport stamping, converting my approved status to 13a for marriage to a filipina. I am waiting for my new passport.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Completed processing US Passport renewal last week. Downloaded the forms…printed, filled out page 1-2. Two photos..2x2 at Picture City..upstairs Robinsons Mall.

You will need $120…go to Western Union…to exchange pesos, bring your passport for identification. $110 for the US Embassy and $10 for processing fee at Robinsons BDO bank.

At BDO..a dollar account wasn’t necessary, fill out the bank form..after a lot of paper shuffling..trips to a back room, a check was issued. Don’t forget the US Embassy mailing address…time spent about 30 minutes..including wait time. Wear appropriate shirt, slacks and shoes. $100 bill and 2 tens.

Air21…staff said to come Tuesday or Thursday morning…the flights depart in the evening. The kind lady filled out the Air21 form..stapled the photos…to the Passport Form..packed the passport, check and 2 page form. She said turn around processing time has been 2-3 weeks. Embassy…claimed its 6-8 weeks. Gave her a generous gratuity.

Hint…give Western Union…a heads up..about needing dollars..I think the rate was 49+…index .fingerprint scan was required.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021