Dumaguete Info Search

U.S retired soldier shot dead

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by jimeve, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Lessons to be learned. 1 - it appears he always went jogging around the same time and the same route. 2 - Vary your schedule and route. 3 - Jogging at 5AM in a secluded area when it is dark is probably not the smart thing to do. 4 - Never get to complacent. Something caused this. 2 shots to the head at close range, it was a hit. The family will or should be looked at first, at least that is the way it always went when I was an investigator. Not enough info on his personal life to see what needs to be followed up on for me. Hope this story does not end and we see the whole picture.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Follow the money. Who got his pension, cash, belongings, life insurance. Where is his widow going to be consoled?

You suggest varying our routine and I suggest it does not matter. We cannot hide from a hit team in this country as we stand out like a white thumb on a black hand. All we can do is use our brains to avoid giving anyone a motive for murder.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. tanjay

tanjay DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +107 / 30
    Blood Type:
    B+
    One article said that he was an army soldier retired. On another article he was a retired Naval Officer from Hawaii. One article said he was shot once in the head, another said twice. News can differ, doesn't make it fake news.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Off-topic but.....that profile picture. Perfect. :2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    SA

As usual ASSUMPTION

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yes, and no.

Make a list of the possible reasons for his assassination that do not include his money or his wife and it will be a short one. Thus the assumption to follow the money.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    As usual, there is ALWAYS two side to a story, My reply was in an attempt to calm down things until we hear More thats' all, We are, me included all to ready to assume But...............

• Like Like x 1
  8. tanjay

tanjay DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +107 / 30
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I will not go jogging before 6 am while this incident is under investigation....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You shouldn't be jogging anyways. Humans only have a set amount of energy to spend in their lifetime. Best to just lay in bed eating cheeseburgers and sending out tweets. But I think you already knew that. :wink:

The options are pretty limited on why a someone would be shot. It is rare for someone to be shot for no reason anywhere in the world.

It was a completely random shooting/mugging. (Unlikely...who carries money around while jogging.)
    It was terrorist related. (I doubt that.)
    It was a random hate/racist crime. (Possible but highly unlikely.)
    It was drug related. (Drug dealers/users usually aren't all that concerned with early morning PT.)
    It was someone who lost face that was getting even. (More likely.)
    It was a jealous SO; either gf, wife or one of their bfs. (Equally likely.)
    It was someone who stood to gain financially from his death....wife, gf, business partner or any combination of the mentioned. (Equally likely.)

Only 3 options are likely IMO. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I'd be looking really hard at the "family" and anyone he recently had an altercation with.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1