Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. Social Security Benefits for Minor Dependent

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jan 30, 2012.

1. angellaB

angellaB DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Social security is primarily a social insurance program providing social protection or protection against socially recognized conditions, including poverty, old age, disability, unemployment and others. Social Security Administration certainly won't tell you anything you have to know about Social Security.

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,576 / 1,017
    You are making a provocative and inaccurate statement. What are your qualifications and reasoning, if I may ask?

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    OMG.....I have 3 out of 4 of these symptoms....does this mean I have a Social disease?

4. fayeALLEN

fayeALLEN One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Talking about SS system, its been reported that the senate unanimously Social Security benefits cuts. Sad, right? An Associated Press analysis of Social Security has found that, on balance, the program may not be the very best retirement option. Workers currently spending into Social Security will pay more into it than they will probably get in Social Security benefits. You can get a financial aid to help pay for your retirement expenses.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,576 / 1,017
    fayeALLEN, provocative first post. May I ask your background and the articles you are referencing? Both myself and my boy receive SSA benefits which I am thankful for and worked hard for. Personally, I may have paid more into SSA than I will receive; however, if the system does not go broke, my son will receive a nice monthly deposit until he is 18, so I am only complimentary of the system. Thank you.