Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. SSA Annual Report

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jul 7, 2017.

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Reading from the ssa pamphlet, which is not a legal document, ssa beneficiaries must notify ssa of your change in address. Ssa believes THEY have a right to know. This is even if you deposit in a USA bank as I am doing. It looks like "no matter the country of bank, no matter if you have a USA address, if you reside here then you must tell them and give the foreign address". That is where I am at, with difficult access to anyone who knows the definitive truth. Believe it or not, ssa has not always thought out all the details on these minor issues when they have a large domestic constituency to worry about. Now, this ties into what has been called the annual report...on the ssa beneficiary (us). The address you give them is where you will receive the form to fill out. Is there some annual check they must do for domestic beneficiaries? I don't even know. But If so, will you be in the USA to reply to it when you receive it at your USA address? I think Phil visa is not relevant, only the simple requirement that you tell them where you are AND you are still alive receiving checks legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hehe. I got a chuckle out of that one. Creative way to attempt to quote a post. "QUOTE" and "UNQUOTE". :laugh:

Almost all forum software uses BB Code. Try the following:
    Code:
    [QUOTE] Text you want to quote. [/QUOTE]
    Anything inside those brackets will be in a quote. Anything outside won't be. This works while posting from Tapatalk as well.

3. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Sorry I haven't been been on other forums lately and didn't know there was a markup language language being used now. I'm not/never have been impressed with the effort it takes to accomplish minor formatting tasks. Thank you for taking the time to explain!

4. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I spoke with an agent at the US SS office yesterday about this. If you are receiving SS, then you should have a Social Security "My SS" Account. What the agent told me was that the only thing required when you move is to make sure that the information in your SS "My Account" is accurate. Simply long on to your SS account and update your address in your personal information section. You must maintain the ability for the SS office to contact you by mail. If, for whatever reason, they ever send you a mail that they want you to reply to, and they don't get a reply from you, they your payments can be suspended until they manage to contact you. Other than that there is no reporting requirement, no change of address report to file, and no annual reporting that is required for living outside of the country according to the agent that I spoke with.

5. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I logged into my MySS account and proceeded to make the address change for me and my wife. Unfortunately the Profile accepts only US addresses and phone numbers. According to an SS pamphlet on the web they say to write the US Embassy, US Consulate or the SSA about the foreign change of address. Print it or type it clearly. List names of all family members. This is even if they are sending payments to a bank. They need a way to send you forms which, if not answered in proper timeframe will cause you payments to stop. It seems some members of this are familiar with an annual report form sent in June. If anyone knows of a better way please let me/us know!