Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. Veteran's Unemployment Rate Lower Than U.S. Average

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As it should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    what percentage in each case are African Americans.............I am sure their stats would make a difference in the overall picture ........?

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Macro Economics teaches that there is a certain percentage of the U.S. population that plainly does not want to work, perhaps 3% to 3.5%. I never studied or have seen data where that is broken down by race. My POV is that it is good to see vets from the ME conflict working and not standing on the corner looking for handouts like so many unfortunate Vietnam Vets ended up doing. This is not a race issue, enough of that going on today with the police and African Americans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I guess that depends on what type of picture you are trying to paint. I don't think that conversation is one to have on this forum though.....even in the controversial section. It's a quick way to get my adsense/adwords account banned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    That is true in most Countries, including Australia, there is a percentage who do not want to work. Well, America brought the racial problem upon themselves actually, by dragging the Africans out of their home environment and turning them into slaves, together with treating them atrociously. Many of the poor buggers have not got over that. Oz also does not have a history of particularly good treatment of the Aborigines either. Then there is South Africa with their Apartheid. What do we expect ? How would we react ?

Of course we can always blame the British for it all..........lol............they sent the Convicts to Australia to mingle with the natives, and also forced the Pilgrims to leave and settle in America, and their decsendents made money out of the slave trade.:D

My original point was, that I understand, from what I have read, the African Americans are the largest number of unemployed in the US. That certainly does affect the figures somewhat if that is the case.:cool:

Having said all that..............three cheers for the Cavaliers and Le bron James, watch him bring that team up in the ratings..........:smile:

7. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Oops, sorry wrye, I posted up my last one before I was aware of your slap on the wrist one.:eek:

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I really want to reply to that but I won't. This type of conversation is a minefield, and I'm afraid that Google would not agree with my views on it (many think that facts and statistics are "racist"....or maybe pointing them out is racist?). I hate to silence a point of view (especially mine), but allowing it would not beneficial to the site. Going to have to resist and lock this one up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.