Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Ugma na ang Bisayan tutorial

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Glendazumba, May 24, 2019.

1. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Hi @Glendazumba, are you opening something similar for kids as well?

Also, which Bisaya are you teaching? Is that the conversational one being spoken here in the city or the more formal one up in the mountains? The lady who helps me in my house told me that there are two kinds of Bisaya and their use of words are different from each other.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Conversational----it is the Bisaya used in the city----the ones used by up there in the mountains will sound funny here---lol----depending on the age of the kids---if they can read, they may join this group----if not, then they need private tutoring

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    This is just a friendly reminder to those who will be participating in the Learn Bisaya class which will take off this coming Saturday, June 8 at 10:45 a.m., Tip Top Hotel, near Robinsons, fronting Don Bosco School. If the parking spaces in front of the hotel are
    occupied, the hotel has a huge parking area next to it. Feel free to use it.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    @Glendazumba,

I know there was a fee mentioned here on another thread for the lessons, but is there a per session fee discussed for those who can’t do a set schedule and who would just like to jump in on one of your classes every now and then?

I am interested in the class but would like to do one class first and see if it works for me instead of paying for the one month?

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    We can do that but if you do a per session attendance, the fee will be a bit higher, just a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this Saturday because of other commitments. Hoping to join on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Ugma - tomorrow

Ayaw - don't

kalimot - forget

Ugma na ang Bisayan tutorial. Those who have confirmed and even those who have not confirmed but are interested to know more about Bisayan culture through their language, ayaw kalimot.

10:45 am, Tiptop Hotel.

Magkita-kita ta! (Let's meet!)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Best wishes for your new course - seems a great bunch of people as students and a committed teacher. Don't forget to go to bed early tonight!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Ayaw kalimot ug katulog ug sayo. (katulog - sleep, sayo- early)

10. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18
    When I 1st went to the Philippines spent close on 4 years learning Cebuano, then I went to China and learned a fair bit of Chinese (Im still in China) Went to Egypt last year with the wife and kids for 2 months,so I began to learn Egyptian Arabic, now when I return to Dumaguete, dont know whether I'm coming or going,I get all confused, I ask for stuff in Chinese without thinking, I forget where I am, I try to talk in Cebuano, but I have to go from English to Chinese to Cebuano and back again, its a disaster,and then as im trying to work it out the Arabic gets thrown in too.........and all that without trying to speak my native Irish tongue, and all that without a few beers in me

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1