Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Under cover Bank

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    No worry. They E-mailed the form to me and I filled it out. They are coming to my house this evening to pick it up. :locktopic::o o: The person doing the pick up is one of the bank's Attys. I think all the bad mouthing just got me a :nailbiting: :blackeye:. I think I will be eating some crow. :dead::drool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    You Bank should know where they transferred the money. I think it's on your bank to explain why money was removed from your account.
    If it were me my position would be; "there's 10,000 pesos missing from my account. Where did it go?"
    Put their feet to the fire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Don't understand why you are searching for swift codes, they are for international transfers. What you need is the Philippine Bank Routing codes, that is what we call sort codes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is very unlikely that they are intentionally doing it. It is almost certainly incompetence. Talk to a manager.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    But you must remember machines are not perfect. You are asking people who do not fully understand and that the normal practice is to follow the proper procedure no matter how tiresome and my friend that starts with your bank. Getting angry, especially in the Philippines will not help at all and you are after all chasing about 200 bucks. Not a fortune. It will get fixed it you do it the right way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Some wrong poop on my part. What I thought to be an ATM identifying number was/is really the transaction number. The bank lady that told me that that ATM number was not one of theirs was correct because I had given her a transaction number not an ATM number.
    My bank, really Credit Union, is in Alaska. Yes I have been in touch with them. They have been informed and are fully aware of this situation.
    I have to return to the bank in the morning and fill out another form for the 10,000 this afternoon.
    I hope I can keep a cool head and get through this.:rage:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This happened to me several times on traveling through Central America, I used BofA and when it happened I called their customer support who then immediately returned the funds to my account and then started an investigation. Upon no response from the offending bank they then ceased the investigation in my favor. Not sure who you bank with but calling your US bank would seem to be the best direction..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    SWIF Codes? are;
    SWIFT stands for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. At its core, it shares a similar function with BRSTN but is made up of either 8 or 11 characters that includes numbers and letters.
    After I contact Land Bank tomorrow I will let you know how it turned out.:banghead:

• Informative Informative x 2