Dumaguete Info Search

up date on Phil Prins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was at the police station today and they said charges should be officially filed tomorrow. They are waiting on the official autopsy report from Cebu (they said charges can't be pressed until they have that paperwork).

Nothing said about Zanzibar's permits or it being closed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    OH! maybe no one wants to put Egg on the Current Mayors face. Apart from a Previous mayor that is.
    Lets hope they keep the momentum up

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    So it looks like the news reports were wrong about Zanzibar,a friend of mine has visited the place twice this week,once on Monday and also Wednesday and both times it was open!

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I text the manager today and he said they are open tonight. (It's my weekly night out so I will be there tonight if open.)

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Granted, I am not there yet but think I have read enough to start understanding the Philippine way. That being said I make the following comment:

Obviously there is a difference between OFFICIALLY being closed for permit violations and ACTUALLY being closed for business. LOL :banghead:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have read and heard more about people going to Zanzibar now than I ever heard about before the fatal event. Just goes to show there really is no such thing as bad publicity. For me, I'll continue to boycott it on the grounds that killing the customer whose purchases pay the salaries can never be justified and should not be rewarded with future profits.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    I just watched the video again and I noticed two things I had earlier missed.

First, the bottle looks like it was planted by the post by one of the assailants.

Second the attack did not commence until the 4th assailant arrived on the back of a motorbike.

It appears the 4 assailants took offensive positions around the victim prior to the attack. It now seems to me that this was a set-up, in which case it may have been a planned killing. Therefore, I would not be surprised to see murder charges filed.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It was. The cook put it there.
    It didn't (coincidence) but that person had nothing to do with the fight or prior disagreement. Nobody (including the staff/manager) knew who he was. The police had to figure that one out. Just some random racist sh*tbag that wanted to get a couple kicks in on a foreigner.

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    So ot seems like the press jist print what people want to hear! So we shoul all take everything we read and watch with a pinch of salt here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1