Dumaguete Info Search

up date on Phil Prins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Grim reaper of ur soul

Grim reaper of ur soul DI New Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The question is where is the video to support that statement ? Post the video if the statement is true

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Why would I lie about it? I certainly don't benefit from Zanzibar staying open (see Revive thread) and I don't benefit in any way from the people who attacked him staying out of prison.

It will be posted when the PNP wants it released (or if they try to bury the case). They are actively pursuing the case at the moment and lawyers are starting their investigations. This case nowhere near being swept under the rug at the moment. I want justice for Phil just as much as anyone else but making the video public on YouTube does nothing but feed people's morbid curiosity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Grim reaper of ur soul

Grim reaper of ur soul DI New Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I
    m not saying post it publicly I'm just asking to share it privately , I think the one that was leaked on live leak is cut and dry their is not hiding that one . It would not matter what went on in the inside anyway , the act of viewing the first blow with the bottle is good enough , just like the pemberton case

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You are absolutely correct and regardless of what happened inside the bar there is no excuse for the death of Mr. Prins. The case is still being actively pursued and taken seriously by the local government and I will give them the benefit of the doubt with their investigation.

5. Grim reaper of ur soul

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Lucky you benifit of the doubt , that's none sense . History shows when such things happen they only do things for the moment to please people . But later on after one year or sometimes longer when people forget all about it . Then chances are who ever is charged they will be released , need proof just look at the history books of all the other very similar cases that envovled Americans being killed in PH .

Yeah those civilian government contractors did make all the free easy money

Out of all the Americans that have been killed in PH over the last five years how many locals have really faced the maximum sentence of 20 to 40 years ?

Have you been to other parts of the country ? Besides visayas

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok, then don't. :o o:
    :meh:
    Don't know. Point? How would me posting the video make a conviction any more or less likely? I've already verified with the PNP that they have the exact same footage that I have. I'm also positive that Phil's friends and family have seen this thread and know that I have the video as well. If they or their lawyers would like the video they have my number. I'll gladly hand it over. (I have actually not posted it out of respect/by request for/by one of Phil's close friends who is working closely with the case. I feel I've already spoken too much on the subject and if I posted the video I had might as well just go up and kick him straight in the balls.)

Yes. :bored:

It seems you have a problem with me. Other than me not showing you the video is there a reason for that? Do you feel that I am somehow responsible for what happened or I'm playing a hand in covering something up?

Either way, I can assure you that this combative/aggressive/confrontational (and threatening in the PMs) attitude is getting you no closer to seeing that video.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Grim reaper of ur soul

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Blood Type:
    A-
    No one is threating you why are you getting so up tight . Just making conversation on oppion nothing more . People go on chat sites to do just that chat about anything at their own free will . Why you taking everything so defensive ?
    Just making conversation , what's strange is he was beaten on 26 December but yet the PNP didn't take action until after new year 4 January when the video went viral on live leak . That's plenty of time to a wait and see then take action attitude . As the PNP clearly stated unless someone files a complaint then they CANNT do anything . Well people that has been here long enough knows how that goes when people file complaints . Foreigners don't get real justice when they complain against locals . But yet locals get justice when they complain against foreigners on just hear say . Their is a total of double standard of equality of equal justice when it becomes issues between locals and foreigners . Example locals get free lawyers , foreigners have to pay for their lawyers . Even if a foreigner is charged with a crime or case they are not provided free legal counsel . They have to pay for their own defense .

Example Joseph Scott pemberton case in subic look at the total differences between the coverage between pemberton and Phil . Both cases are very very similar

8. yukonjames

yukonjames One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    it will be interesting if anyone actually serves time. but video says a lot.. clear to see the planted bottle, then being struck in the back of the head as he is slightly distracted..... And obviously one of the pinoys called for back up as its unlikely 3 motors showing up with all those pinoys all at that exact moment...
    What is going on in duma lately?

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh: Is it obvious though? It was closing time. Employees get rides from bf's/friends/relatives all the time. Go outside Why Not/Revive/Prime/any other club in the city/country around closing time and you will see the exact same thing happening. If this were "backup" all those people wouldn't have walked away or into the bar acting like they didn't know anything about what was going on.

I don't think anything is going on in Dumaguete. There has always been violence in "the city of gentle people"....especially around christmas/holidays/elections. The city has grown quite a bit in the last 5-10 years. More people = more crime. It is still pretty easy to avoid getting killed in Dumaguete though: stay away from the drug scene, stay out of politics and don't try to fight/threaten the locals or treat them like crap and your chances of getting killed here are extremely slim.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There was a case in the nineties (well not the last five years) where the mayor and his two body guards gunned down an american on open street.
    They thought they would get away with it. But nope. The lawyer who drove the case transfered the trial to Luzon, as the 'suspects' were too connected in Cebu. All got long prison sentences. The mayor couldn't cope with being locked up and died in prison soon after the conviction. The other two are still locked up.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2