Dumaguete Info Search

Updated Where to Eat

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jul 21, 2013.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Went out to the opening night of a new pizza joint tonight at la tundra at San Miguel, it's on the beach and was excellent pizza. Also do take aways and a good cold beer. Was nice just chilling with friends on the beach with a cold one and a pizza. Open from 4pm fri,sat and sun at moment.

2. London3

London3 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys, nothing can be compared with home-made japanese food)))

3. connoisseur

connoisseur DI Member

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Tried to look online for directions to "Garcias Restobar" and came up empty. Can anyone give me their address?

4. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Garcia's is located on the South National Highway, about half way between El Oriente Resort and Santa Monica Resort. If you use Google Maps, try googling Black Pearl, Dumaguete, because Garcia's is just next door to them and Natasha Homes (on the same side of the road ... the west side).

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nevas Pizza. Wouldn't recommend this pizza. Would rank number 6 in Dumaguete area for pizza (number 7 if Calda were still open). Best pizza in my opinion:
    1. Garcia's
    2. Hayahay
    3. Shakeys
    4. Zoe's (if they are still making it)
    5. La Fiesta
    6. Nevas

IMO the crust was not crispy enough, it had some strange after taste/texture and had too much salt. Only some sweet hot sauce and catchup offered as condiments/add ons at the table. It is cheap though, if you're on a budget I'd say go for it as it is more edible than most at the same price.

6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Best Steakhouse, haven't found it yet
    Best Seafood: Hay a Hay
    Best Breakfast: Bambulo (Mango pancake)
    Best Lunch with View: Azalea (on the way to twin lakes, keep you eyes out for it) owned by the same people who own KEI, breathtaking views up and down the canyon all the way to the ocean.
    Best Pizza: Shakeys
    Best Burger: Black Pearl, or REI (most expensive)

I am not sure this place would fit in any category but there is anew little place right outside the exit of Robinson's in the new building toward Ceres (end closest the mall exit). It is the "French Place" (or something like that). Very simple menu having 49P specials of lazonia, enchiladas (why the hell is French in the name?) and other items each day. I usually order two fo these entrees and a Pepsi or about 135 P. More than enough for lunch. It is a good place to stop for a 49P snack too.

If you are in Cebu, try the Verde Cafe, in the Mall. It is one of the best meals I have eaten in the Philippines.

7. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    best hamburger, whynot, bacon burger tell them to half cook the bacon otherwise it will be like what Americans like, hard and tasteless

8. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The perception and judgement of food in terms of like or don't like is very personal. I will not deny there maybe other places where you can get a more tasty pasta meal but to call it crap what they serve in PastaKing I certainly don't share that opinion.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Azon and I have very differing tastes, She is of course, a big lover of the native dishes, I like and loath in somewhat, equal parts, However, Strange as it may seem, we have found a common base to enjoy, if we eat out, which is not that often, mainly when we are shopping.
    We have found in Good old Chow King something, that suites us both. I know, that over the last year or two. there have been anti posts, on this particular food Outlet but each to their own and this is us:smile:

10. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    As an American I take offense to you lumping us all into one group. I do NOT like my bacon crispy as some call it.
    Watch your generalizations.