Dumaguete Info Search

URGENT: Have you 0 Negative blood?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by tomhelenscott, Mar 12, 2012.

1. OP
    OP
    tomhelenscott

tomhelenscott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are still looking for a donor. So if you have O Negative blood - or know some who has - please post here or you can call or text Jean (wife of guy in hospital) on 0929 418 6651

The good news is that Holy Child Hospital will allow older donors (over 55) provided Frank (the patient) signs a waiver. Younger donors also, of course, welcome.

Yesterday's potential donor is today unwell himself so unable to donate at the moment.

As for the three earlier donors, they can't give blood a second time until 56 days have elapsed.

Hope someone can help. Many thanks for your support.

Tom

2. OP
    OP
    tomhelenscott

tomhelenscott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good news. Jean managed to find another donor so Frank got his fourth bag of blood.

However, in two weeks time he is scheduled to have another operation, and will need two more bags of blood then.

Thank you all for your support and helpful advice.

Tom

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best of luck to him. O+ here, wish I could help.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I had the same problem at Silliman Hospital. They were holding up my wife's C-Section for birth, after a dialation failed to initiate natural birth and her pains were increasing, because they said they didn't have a supply of her blood (common type O+), I have the same type so I said I would donate. Being I am over 55, more or less, they wouldn't take it. I bitched about it so they took my blood pressure and it had gone from a normal 120 to 150 probably due to the hassle and worry about my wife, so they said the high blood pressure + age put me at too high of a risk. I actually had to go around and find a hospital employee (I think a janitor) and pay him 1500 to donate so they could start my wife's surgery. Un-f-believable.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Haven't had to deal with the hospitals much here....at least not for things involving blood transfusions. From what I read here I hope it never happens.

6. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Tom,

I am O- (a year or so over 55 though), and although I don't live here, it happens my wife & I will be arriving in Cebu on April 2 and expect to pass through Duma on probably April 4-5 on the way to Bayawan. I will call the number you posted when we arrive to see if it's still an issue, more than happy to help if hosp. will accept me.