Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Urgent: Looking for an accommodation for 12 people in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dr. Shiva, Jul 4, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Most pics on the sites only showing the sleeping room and not the bathroom. While the sleeping room which can be still decent, the bathroom can be a complete mess.

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure this is vacant. Glasshouse in Bacong I think they are on Air bnb 4 bedroom house and there are apartments too.

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Most Airbnb are going to have a limit on the number of people that are going to occupy the home if that is what you are renting. I rented a whole house on the beach a few months back in Dauin for some away time and assumed I would be able to accommodate a few relatives that were visiting for a few days but was told I could not have more quests than two per bed and the house only had 3 beds. And if they list number of guests allowed they will hold you to that, some will not even accept payment for extra occupants.

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    That's true, just put the actual number of people staying and it will filter that for you. Many times the prices goes up as more people are added, so if you try to game the system, you do so at your own risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Forgot to add that we found a lodge. JVO Lodging at the Western Nautical Highway on the other side of the street of the Flying Fish Hostel. The only back draw is that it is 2 km away from downtown. But the building is in really good condition. 2 CR, a kitchen, 2 sleeping rooms for a total of up to 12 people. Clearly a recommendation. PHP 2600.- per night.

6. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I have to completly cancel the recommendation for JVO apartments. The owner kicked us out one day before departure and did not refunded us the money for the remaining day. The issue was that the kitchen sink was completely clogged and the owner tried to fix it but no success because it seemed the tube was broken more down. The owner even had tried to let us pay for the sink repair.

• Informative Informative x 1