Dumaguete Info Search

US Currency rates taking off

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by ChMacQueen, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Currencies are not driven as much by speculation like the stock market. What you are basically saying is "Obama has been doing a good job with the economy."

Trump is not president yet and cannot take credit for how well the economy is doing. (Not that presidents have much of athing to do with the economy in the first place.)

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And you know this how? It's not like they are going to tell everyone their tactics for gathering intelligence or stopping terrorist attacks. This is one thing the American people (and everyone else) should be left in the dark about. Now I'll agree that the TSA is largely a big pile of useless sh*t that's only there to make people "feel" safe, and they mainly hire a bunch of rejects that would never make it in any other government position, but they are just one small part of DHS.

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    How many terrorists have they caught?

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    How many US airplanes have been blown up or hijacked recently? I can comfortably say none.

5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    People like to take credit when things are good and blame the other guy when things go bad, when it reality they aren't responsible for either. In reality, it's just the luck of being there at the right time and place.

Top Forecaster Sees Dollar Gain With Either Trump or Clinton

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    It wasn't for lack of trying. Remember the guy who got on a plane with a shoe bomb and tried to light it on fire and the passengers mobbed him? Dhs didn't stop him, the passengers did. You can find numerous articles online about TSA being a show. People forget they have guns and get on flights, one nurse who did that has become an activist. She got to her hotel and opened her bag and there was her gun in her carry on luggage. She wondered how she could have gotten through when she wasn't even trying to hide it?

I was discussing DHS, not just the TSA if you will scrol back. I believe we have had some bombings and the greatest mass shooting in US history and that is recent action.

I'm sure DHS is going to /has been handling the vetting of Syrian "refugees". Since there effectively no government/records to query, it's extremely unlikely you could vet anyone, certainly not 60,000. I believe DHS has an obligation to tell the public that they can't vet these people who "we" (and I use the term lightly) are bringing to the US. Australia has been warehousing thousands of muslim refugees on two islands and they are going to the US also. I doubt we know who any of them are either to any degree of certainty.

7. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd generally agree but with a high prospect of a serious push and believed likely success to lower corporate and business taxes and a break on corporations bringing their money back into the US business's are bolstering and looking at how they may bring money and jobs back to the US and stocks are picking that up. I think that makes an exception. Add in I suppose those *hoped* prospect of holiday sales picking up starting this Black Friday (one of the biggest yearly US shopping days) under the impression from the Obama Admin of a *recovered* economy may be giving a little extra push but unlikely much if any.

I would mention that I doubt the government is going to go and spill every terrorist plot they spoiled while they will hit on the odd rare big one that they can say they were monitoring for a long time beforehand. While people like knowing they are being protected they also fear knowing to many attempts are being made which logic would suggest eventually one will get through. Further add in the Obama Administration to even say Islamist Extremism and to favor Muslim's in many ways with his majorly increased ramp up of bringing Muslims into the country. People seeing a more credible threat of terrorism infiltrating into the US through that would turn Dems as well against him.

Lastly I'll add in some *murders* we have seen in recent years many could see as acts of terrorism yet the Obama administration refuses to call it that even when its not Muslims doing it. BLM actvist's killing in cold blood multiple cops one could classify as domestic terrorism quite easily.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016